Home » *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Free Museum Day, San Francisco
Asian Art Museum Free Admission Day | SF
Every 1st Sunday
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The Asian Art Museum of San Francisco is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian Art, with a collection of over 18,000 artworks spanning 6,000 years of history.
Target Free Sundays
Typically the first Sunday of the month
Asian Art Museum, 200 Larkin Street SF
FREE admission to permanent galleries (first come first served)
Insider’s tip: Skip the line by ordering free advance tickets online
– Pick your Date (First Sunday), Choose “Target Sunday General Admission” and order your tickets
– please note that these links generally will be live about a month in advance
- Free First Sunday Admission for main galleries: Normally $15 for general admission, the museum offers free general admission every first Sunday the month on “Target First Free Sundays“. Please note, special exhibits may require an additional fee.
- Sunday Hours: Sunday admission hours are typically 10am to 5pm – but please check the Asian’s Plan your Visit page for any updates.
- Free Street Parking – Yup! Like much of SF, the meters around the Asian Art Museum don’t charge on Sundays. Always double check with your meter just in case.
- Very rarely, the museum might switch the dates of the “First Free Sunday” because Sunday falls on a holiday like Christmas or New Year’s Day. So please always check asianart.org first before heading out.
Through rich art experiences, centered on historic and contemporary artworks, the Asian Art Museum unlocks the past for visitors, bringing it to life while serving as a catalyst for new art, new creativity and new thinking. Expect to see a collection of impressive artworks from China, Japan, Thailand, Korea, India and throughout Asia.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Special exhibitions may require separate admission surcharge
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, Free Museum Day
, San Francisco
Address: 200 Larkin Street San Francisco, CA