Berkeley’s 2022 Harvest Festival
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Cedar Rose Park | 1300 Rose Street, Berkeley, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Head to Cedar Rose Park for a day of activities, including live music, a seed swap, food contests, tables to meet City employees across a range of departments, and even an event to learn more about electric bikes, scooters, and cars.
Come out for our annual Harvest Festival, a chance to honor the Fall with food, live music, and kids’ activities that celebrate our city’s thriving culture of growing and making our own food.
You can also come to learn more about how we serve Berkeley by meeting staff from a variety of City Departments, including 311, Public Works, Aging Services, Mental Health, Police, Fire, the Library, and the Rent Board.
This free festival showcases foods grown, harvested, and prepared by members of the Berkeley community.
October 15, 2022
11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Cedar Rose Park, 1300 Rose St
Whether you’re coming for the festival or a chance to mingle with City staff, join us.
Swap crops, seeds, and enter food contests
- Crop Swap – Bring your garden’s surplus and exchange it with other gardeners. All types of fruits and vegetables are welcome.
- Seed Swap – Swap garden seeds and share gardening tips. Don’t have any seeds to swap? No problem! Come and learn from others.
- Food Contest – Enter your best baked goods, preserves, pickled vegetables, pie, and “Sugar-Free” foods. Submit your food in the contest for free.
- Food contest is from 9:00 am to 11:30 am.
- Judging is at noon. All participants will receive recognition and ribbons will be awarded in each category.
- All food entries must feature a main ingredient that could feasibly be grown in Berkeley, though the actual ingredient does not need to have been grown in Berkeley.
Fun activities for kids, live music, and Ride Electric event.
At the “Kids Zone,” children can conquer a climbing wall, ride a zipline, jump on giant inflatables, or make a scarecrow. They can also decorate pumpkins, visit a petting zoo, frolic in a Tot Zone, and play carnival games with prizes.
Live music will be provided by Smokehouse, United We Fam, and Funky Latin Orchestra.
Check out electric cars, and test ride electric bikes and scooters at the Ride Electric event (11:00 am – 3:00 pm) at the Cedar Rose basketball courts. You can talk to local electric vehicle owners and e-bike riders and learn about discounts, rebates, and more.
In keeping with the spirit of this event, sustainable practices are strongly encouraged. Bike parking will be located at the park. Public transit is available via AC Transit #52; also, Cedar Rose Park is within walking distance from North Berkeley BART.
This event is organized by the City of Berkeley’s Recreation Division, which offers dozens of camps, classes, and other activities for participants of all ages. Learn more and sign up via our registration portal and see more opportunities on our events calendar.
If you are interested in volunteering at this event, call Jasmine (510) 981-6671.
Come out October 15 and enjoy live music, participate in kids’ activities, and celebrate our City’s thriving culture of making their own food.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, In Person, Nature, Outdoors