Bike Art Jam: Pre-Bike to Work Day Bike Decorating & Potluck | Alameda
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Rhythmix Cultural Works | 2513 Blanding Ave., Alameda, CA 94501
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Bike to Wherever Day 2022 (San Francisco Bay Area)
This May, Bike Month and “Bike to Wherever Days” (BTWD) once again will roll across the nine counties of the Bay Area, and include the return of Bike to Work Day on May 20.
For the first time in two years, many employees are beginning to return to their offices, small businesses are seeing a rise in customers and clients, and bicycles once again are being used for commuting – as well as exercise, recreation, traveling to school, running errands and more.
As a result, BTWD 2022 – the event’s 28th year – will be a celebration throughout the entire month of May and will be highlighted by Bike to Work Day, which was modified the last two years due to the
Bike to Wherever 2022 is underway! Join us for the entire month of May!
Join thousands of people across the Bay Area as they ride their bikes to work, school, run errands, visit friends and more during the month of May! and on May 20, join us for the 28th annual Bay Area 28th Annual Bike to Work Day.
- Pledge to Ride (to win prizes and more)
- Visit your nearest Energizer station to enjoy snacks and get a free canvas tote bag (some counties require you to pledge first to get your bag).
Bike to Wherever Events
Great bike events are happening all over the Bay Area throughout the month of May. New events are added all the time so check out the calendar frequently to make sure you don’t miss the fun.
May 20th Energizer Stations
Select counties across the Bay Area will have a limited number of energizer stations on Bike to Work Day, Friday, May 20. Click the link below to find out more!
- Alameda — Click here
- Contra Costa — https://511contracosta.org/bike-to-work-day/energizer-stations/
- Marin — Click here
- Napa — Click here
- San Francisco — Click here
- Metropolitan Transportation Commission — Energizer Station at 375 Beale Street, Rincon Place Paseo
- San Mateo/Santa Clara — https://bikesiliconvalley.org/events/btwd
- Solano — Click here
- Sonoma — Click here
San Francisco May 20th Neighborhood Rides
SF Bicycle Coalition members will be organizing multiple neighborhood rides to celebrate the joy of biking. Seasoned riders will share tips and local routes, allowing participants to have the opportunity to ride with the support of a large group. Be sure to check the links below to find out the specific time and location for the neighborhood ride that’s closest to you. Self sustained – plan on bringing water, snacks, and a repair kit.
- AM Bernal Heights to Golden Gate Park: Tiffany Ave. and 29th St.
- AM Presidio to Hawk Hill Loop: Presidio (Lincoln and Halleck)
- AM Balboa Park to Ocean Beach: Alemany Blvd. and Ocean Ave.
- AM/PM Crissy Field to Heron’s Park: Crissy Field (926 Mason St.)
- PM Embarcadero to Great Highway: Harry Bridges Plaza
- PM Tenderloin to Great Highway: Polk St. and Golden Gate Ave.
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Bike Art Jam | Bike to Wherever Day 2022 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Celebrate 2013 Bike to Work Day in style by turning your wheels into a super cool “art bike” at Rhythmix on Wednesday night, May 8, 2013.
Rhythmix will provide free paint and paper gears for you to decorate and put into the spokes of your bicycle tires, and the rest is up to you. Please feel free to bring a dish to share for the potluck.
Everyone from the Bike Art Jam is invited to ride with Rhythmix in the 2013 July Fourth Parade. After winning Best of Parade in the Alameda 2010 July Fourth Parade, RCW thought they were giving other groups a chance to win by launching its first Art Bike Brigade in 2011 and was surprised to win Best of Parade again. In 2012, RCW assembled a colorful entourage of two-wheelers alongside a 50’ float full of bellydancers, taiko drummers, capoeiristas and more bringing home its third trophy.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.