CANCELED: “Brides of March” 2020 Wedding Dress Pub Crawl | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Bar Fluxus | 18 Harlan Pl., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
UPDATE: Due to coronavirus concerns, this event has been canceled for 2020.
Don a wedding dress and join the Brides for this annual San Francisco tradition at the 22nd annual Brides of March.
Join in to parade through the heart of San Francisco, strolling through Union Square, shopping at fancy stores and drinking in local bars with your fellow brides.
All you need for this event is a white wedding dress, the more elaborate, the better. Check your local thrift store for suitable attire.
2020 Brides of March
Sunday, March 15, 2020 | 2:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Meeting place: Bar Fluxus, 18 Harlan Place, San Francisco
Grab a wedding dress and join the Brides parade through the heart of San Francisco, strolling through Union Square, shopping at fancy stores and drinking in local bars.
2020 Brides of March Details:
- Once the brides are suitably liquored up, they’ll head out for a stroll around town, with stops at their favorite stores.
- Leaving from the Bar Fluxus, they’ll go down on Bush, turn right on Kearny St., then continue down to Maiden Lane, stopping for a dance party at the Maiden Lane gate.
- Then they’ll race across the street to Union Square and gather around their edifice of desire, the monolith of John Dong Long.
- From there, they’ll proceed across the street to an exclusive department store for a fresh application of lipstick and makeup from the counter samples.
- After another dance break at the cable car turnaround, they’ll conclude their special day with drinks and food at The Tempest.
Wear A Dress. Please… It’s the Brides of March, not the Grooms of March. If you are a photographer, Wear A Dress. Please. We’re tired of you stealing our Juju without participating.
The best parking is the nearby Sutter-Stockton Garage, with entrances on the 400 block of Stockton northbound and on the 500 block of Bush eastbound.
This is a lot like Santacon (where everyone dresses up as Santa), but in wedding gowns. Every year is different, but typically there are several stops along the route….Tiffany’s, Victoria’s Secret, Selix and lots of bars in between. It’s a riot as long as there are fewer photographers and more dress wearers.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, Fun & Games, San Francisco, San FranFREEsco, Top Annual Events, Walks & Tours