Chinese New Year Celebration: Free Museum Admission & Lion Dancing | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Chinese Historical Society of America Museum | 965 Clay St, San Francisco, CA 94108
Come and join the Chinese Historical Society of America before the Chinese New Year Parade on Saturday, February 24, 2018, as they celebrate Chinese Lunar New Year with a full day of interactive programs.
There will be free admission to the museum on this day. Plus CHSA will host several activities that visitors can engage in:
- Kei Lun Martial Arts will perform traditional lion dancing to begin the celebration
- Living With Dignity-Thriving In Community, courtesy of the YWCA
- Photography exhibit by Mark Reynolds, capturing the resilient stories of YWCA residents. On display in CHSA’s Lower Level
- Mural painting activity with Dragon School, in CHSA’s Learning Center
- Chalk mural drawing with Chalk Riot, at Gordon J. Lau Elementary School
Free, but an RSVP is encouraged