$1 Movie Day for 100th Birthday of SF’s Castro Theatre
June 22, 2022 marks 100 years since San Francisco’s Nasser family opened the Castro Theatre: an event that came to define an era and a neighborhood. A century on, it is the longest continually family owned movie palace in the United States.
To mark the occasion, the Nasser Family in partnership with Another Planet Entertainment scheduled 11 days of film screenings on June 3 – 12 featuring iconic movies from each decade of the Castro’s history, including some family and children’s programming .
Or join the Castro on June 22, 2022 for a “Happy Birthday” special event with movies filmed in San Francisco.
The Castro’s 100th Birthday Celebration
$1 Ticket Day
Wednesday, June 22nd (Actual Opening Date in 1922) Movies Filmed in San Francisco
- 10:30am San Francisco (1936, 115 min) Director: W.S. Van Dyke. Stars: Clark Gable, Jeanette MacDonald, Spencer Tracy – $10 Screening
- 1:00pm Mrs. Doubtfire (1993, 125 min) Director: Chris Columbus. Stars: Robin Williams, Sally Field, Pierce Brosnan, Harvey Fierstein
- 3:30pm Dirty Harry (1971, 102 min) Director: Don Siegel. Stars: Clint Eastwood, Harry Guardino
- 6:00pm Sudden Fear (1952, 110 min) Director: David Miller. Stars: Joan Crawford, Jack Palance, Gloria Grahame
- 8:15pm Bullitt (1968, 114 min) Director: Peter Yates. Stars: Steve McQueen, Robert Vaughn, Jacqueline Bisset
View this post on Instagram