BART Increases Service & Reopens Station Entrances in June
Riders are returning to BART. BART says its planning to increase service in June and then return to near pre-pandemic service and hours in September.
Between June 1st and June 15th we will add 26 new weekday trips. This will expand 15-minute frequencies on the lines with the highest ridership: Yellow, Green and Red. Saturday service will also get 15 new trips. These will all be long trains to continue facilitate social distancing.
Starting August 30, 2021, BART will expand service hours and significantly increase service:
- Weekday service will be 5am-12am (currently 5am-9pm) with 15-min frequencies on all lines from 5am-8pm
- Saturday service will be 6am-12am (currently 8am-9pm) with 5 routes and added trains during peak hours for 15-min frequency
Phased Station Entrance Re-opening
To improve access to our stations, we will start reopening entrances/exits that were closed during the height of the pandemic. On May 15, all entrances at Embarcadero and Montgomery and one center entrance at Powell will open in anticipation of Muni opening subway service for two-lines (N and KT). Balboa Park Station entrance will also open on May 15. We will open all remaining closed entrances on June 14.
Increasing train service, reprioritizing traditional cleaning methods, and boosting visible safety staff dedicated to riding trains are among the initiatives prioritized in BART’s Fiscal Year 2022 budget planning.
The BART Board of Directors will discuss plans to increase service at their Board meeting on May 13, 2021. View the presentation outlining the FY22 Budget Service Plan, Operating & Capital Sources & Uses.
50% off in September
BART will offer a special promotion of 50% off all fares on Clipper for the entire month of September. The discount will apply to all fares on Clipper, including already discounted Clipper cards such as Youth, Senior, RTC, Clipper Start, and the Gator Pass.
Read more at BART.gov.
- BART Will Be 50% Off in September – 5/12/2021
- Caltrain Launches New 20% Off Monthly Pass Deal – 4/15/21
- Late-Night BART Trains Coming Back This Fall – 4/12/21
- Clipper Card is Going Mobile (Finally) – 2/17/21
- Could BART’s Future Include a 2nd Transbay Crossing? – 1/28/21
- Goodbye to BART’s Paper Tickets – 12/15/21