BART-themed Jack-O’-Lantern Stencils for Halloween
Carving a pumpkin is an art. The “oooos” and “aahhs” of trick-or-treaters coming to your door as they check out your carefully crafted pumpkin is something we all love to hear. From the classic jack-o’-lantern to a favorite cartoon character, there’s so much to choose from when it comes to pumpkin carving. Luckily for you, we have your solution…eight BART train stencils that are bound to get you many smiles.
View the stencil designs to download.
How to carve your pumpkin
To carve one of the three pumpkin designs, you’ll need some handy dandy carving tools, a trash bag, and a hard surface (if you use your dining room table, make sure to cover it with an extra trash bag, tablecloth, newspaper, etc.). You’ll also need a printer and paper to print out your stencils.
No matter what you are carving with, please practice safe handling of the tools.
- Using your tools, cut a hole at the bottom of your pumpkin (trust us, it works)
- Pull the pumpkin piece and out will fall the seeds and fibers
- Using a scraping tool (or large serving spoon), remove the insides until you have a clean center
- Take your printed stencil and wet it against the pumpkin so it sticks
- Carve out all the black pieces of the stencil (warning: the paper may rip in places so you may have to eyeball some areas)*
- Carefully remove carved pieces
- Place a battery-operated or tea light candle on your surface and place the pumpkin over
- Step back and admire your new piece of BART art
*Option: You can shave out pieces of the pumpkin in the windows or even the logo so the light shines through
Let’s see your pumpkins.
Using a BARTable stencil? Let BART know via social media, @SFBARTable #SFBARTable. Keep up with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to see all of the best BARTable events, places to eat and have fun around the Bay.
Read more at BARTable