Black Friday Shopping Survival Guide
Are you game for waking up at 4am to crowd yourself into a big box store just to max out your credit card while saving $10 on a blu-ray player?
After family arguments and trying to determine what to do with all of that leftover turkey, the annual Black Friday sales are just about as big a Thanksgiving tradition as we have in America.
In San Francisco you can take advantage of the sale at Macy’s, a huge 50% off deal at The Gap, tons of coupons and discounts at Amoeba Music, Free coffee at Stonestown Mall, free slurpees at 7-eleven, plus lots of other fun events even if you’re not into shopping.
But if you are into finding the best deals on Friday, here’s some resources for you so you don’t have track down every single Black Friday deal on your own.
Black Friday 2010 Deals
- The Frugal Find: Black Friday Deals for digital cameras, TVs, Laptops, Blu-ray…
- Frugal Day: Black Friday deals at Toys r Us, Gap, Walgreens, Rite Aid…
- Macy’s: Deals on shoes, clothing, jewelry, bedding…
- Walgreens: $10 or Less , with many freebies
- Target: $10 or Less – Toasters, handmixers, blu-ray discs, sweaters & $10 off deal
- Department Store Deals: Highlights of JC Penney, Macy’s, Target, Walmart and more.
- Gap: 50% off the entire store before 10am
- 7×7: Listing of 22 different black friday sales at boutiques and stores in San Francisco
Black Friday Shopping Tips & Resources
- Consumer Reports: Nine tips for Black Friday sanity
- CNN: Forget Black Friday, best deals are already on now
- What Time Does Each Store Open?: List of biggest retailers and what time their Black Friday deals begin
- Black Friday Sales Online Right Now: Get a head start at Walmart, Staples, Target and Best Buy
- Top 10 Black Friday Tips: Including trying shopping Black Friday on Thanksgiving
Anti-Black Friday Events in San Francisco
- Buy Nothing Day Celebration: Potluck, board games and free fermented tea on tap in SF (5pm)
- Protest and Block Party: Support homeless rights with rally, march, speakers & vacant housing occupation in SF (3pm to 6pm)
Funcheap Events for Friday, November 26
San Francisco Bay Area
Friday, November 26 – 5:00 am | Cost: 50% Off | Gap
Announced through their Facebook page, Gap is offering a huge discount for early shoppers on Friday – Get 50% off the entire store until 10am only.
Some stores will open as early as 5am on Black Friday (like the Gap on in Stonestown Mall.
Friday, November 26 – All Day | Cost: FREE* | 7-Eleven
Friday, November 26 to Sunday November 28 | Cost: FREE |
San Francisco City Guides offer free guided walking tours of many different neighborhoods in the city and will be offering a full slate of free tours on Thanksgiving weekend. Tour starting times range from 9:30a to 2p and there are 35 different tours to choose from over the weekend.
Friday, November 26 – All Day | Cost: $5 Off | Cow Palace
The 32nd annual Great Dickens Christmas Fair & Victorian Holiday Party opens Friday November 26, then runs weekends through December 19 turning the Cow Palace into a Victorian-era theme park/street fair with over 700 costumed players helping you feel right at home in 1900.
Friday, November 26 – 12:00 pm | Cost: FREE | Downtown San Rafael
In its 31st year, San Rafael’s annual holiday Parade & Winter Wonderland features a Holiday Marketplace with arts and crafts, live entertainment, children’s activities, free snow sledding, and one of the largest Holiday Parades in the Bay Area.
Friday, November 26 – All Day | Cost: FREE* | Amoeba SF
Starting November 26 (black friday) come to amoeba music in the haight or in berkeley and pick up a free 2011 5×7 calendar filled with photos of past instore concerts from 2010 – but the calendar also has a tons of great coupons and discounts for each month of 2011.
Friday, November 26 – 5:00 pm | Cost: FREE* | De Young Museum
The fifth season of the free Friday Nights at the de Young Museum comes to a close with a big event – live music with two free concerts by Classical Revolution, a free concert by City Opera SF, a free magic show and art making activities.
Friday, November 26 – 7:00 pm | Cost: FREE | Great American Music Hall
Great American Music Hall, normally a concert venue, is hosting a rare film night showing the 1958 Hitchcock classic, “Vertigo.” Plus each person in attendance will get a raffle ticket for a chance to win pair of tickets good for any show at Great American Music Hall.
Friday, November 26 – 9:00 pm | Cost: FREE | Park Chalet
During the summer, the Park Chalet hosts fun outdoor movies and bbqs. During the winter on Friday nights you can head indoors for free movies, popcorn with appetizer and drink specials. Each month is a different theme – November 2010 is ’80s Classics with Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”
Tags: Deals & Discounts
Categories: *Top Pick*, San Francisco, Shopping & Fashion