No Fear! Here is What’s Still Going on in SF
While many events have been canceled as a precaution, but there are still many that are going on as scheduled, but the list is dwindling. So if you’re still up for going out and having some fun, here’s the latest confirmed information we have (please note that things can change quickly.)
As always, where possible, you should wash your hands frequently, follow the CDC guidelines, practice social distancing and if you’re feeling sick, please stay home and get better.
Which Events and Venues are Still Taking place
– updated 3/9/20 10:15am
– if you have any updates to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asian Art Museum – SF – Still open but they are installing additional hand sanitizing stations and cleaning high touch areas more frequently. – Still open
- de Young Museum – SF – Open with regular operating hours. Facilities staff has begun increased sanitizing in all high-traffic areas and disinfectant wipes are available at all ticketing, membership, and information desks, and gallery entrances. – Still open
- Legion of Honor – SF – Open with regular operating hours. Facilities staff has begun increased sanitizing in all high-traffic areas and disinfectant wipes are available at all ticketing, membership, and information desks, and gallery entrances. – Still open
- SFMOMA – We can’t find any update one way or the other on their website or social media – Still open (we assume)
- Oakland Museum of California – We can’t find any update one way or the other on their website or social media – Still open (we assume)
- California Academy of Sciences – We can’t find any update one way or the other on their website or social media – Still open (we assume)
- Exploratorium – Other than the Tactile Dome (which is closed indefinitely), the museum is still open and are monitoring guidance from the CDC and SF Department of Health – Still open
- San Francisco Rec and Park Facilities – We are proactively increasing our sanitation efforts at all of our public facilities and restrooms. Currently, all of our facilities receive two comprehensive cleanings and sanitations daily. During the time these recommendations are in effect, we have increased our custodial staff by 20 professional custodians so that our high use facilities will receive a third complete sanitation of facility surfaces daily, as a further precaution. This intensive effort is in effect every day of the week. – Still open
- SF Muni – Operating as normal – Muni car cleaners and station custodians clean vehicles and high-touch surfaces regularly. Daily vehicle cleaning includes safe, strong disinfectants on high-touch surfaces at the end of service. High-touch surfaces such as railings in Muni subway stations are cleaned approximately every four hours. Subscribe to Muni Alerts for latest info. – updated 3/9/20
- The Presidio – open and operating as normal – PresidGo Shuttle, Presidio Visitors Center, Park restaurants and hotels, all trails, overlooks open spaces, Officers’ Club Museum, public restrooms. All public events with more than 50 participants are postponed/canceled – updated 3/9/20
- San Francisco Public Library – All branches remain open – but all programs, events and classes at all branches are canceled through 3/31
- Salesforce Park + Salesforce Transit Center – Still open, however rooftop events have been canceled until further notice.
OTHER VENUES / EVENTS
- Chase Center – Warriors – Games and concerts appear to be going ahead (as of now) but with additional measures in response to coronavirus – Sick fans should stay at home. According to Warriors press release, staff is using hospital-grade disinfectant spray throughout the arena. Every seat is being wiped down prior to and following each event. All doors and door handles being sanitized regularly. Check facebook for updates
- 3/13 Tame Impala at Chase Center – As of 3/8 concert is going ahead as scheduled.
- SF City Guides – free walking tours going on as scheduled – still happening
- Off the Grid Lunch Markets – Remain open, but for takeout only.
- Cobb’s and Punch Line – Still open -. The safety of artists, fans and staff is always our top priority and planned for accordingly. We are following recommended preventive measures as outlined by the CDC, and are monitoring the situation closely. We are encouraging people who are sick to stay home, and remind those coming to the show to wash their hands regularly with soap and water and use hand sanitizer.
- 3/11 – Castro Farmers’ Market Opening Day – Still happening
3/8 at 1pm – 2020 International Working Women’s Day March & Celebration in Oakland – Still taking place. Just exercise precaution and if you’re sick please consider staying home. – Still happening
White Elephant Sale (March 7-8) – Oakland – still happening
Berkeley Old Time Music Spring Situation (Free old time open house – concerts, workshops, & jams – 3/8 at Freight and Salvage, Berkeley – Still happening