Free Park Fridays
Celebrate the East Bay Regional Park District’s 85th Anniversary. There are 73 regional parks planning special events and programs, including Free Park Fridays, Free Concerts In The Parks, and a Free Multicultural Festival.
85th East Bay Regional Parks Anniversary
Every Friday from April – December | All Day
East Bay Regional Parks
Free Fridays in Regional Parks
Park entry and other fees will be waived every Friday in 2019 from April to December to celebrate the Park District’s 85th Anniversary. Park entrance and fees for day use parking, swimming, dogs, horse trailers, boat launching, and local fishing permit fees* will all be waived.
*Please note that fees still apply for state fishing licenses, which are required for anyone over 16 years of age.
- Free parking, free swimming, dog fees, horse trailers, boat launching, and fishing permits. State fees/permits camping, watercraft inspections still apply.
- Free entrance to Ardenwood Historic Farm in Fremont, on non-event days.
Fee waiver does not apply to special event permits/reservations, camping and associated fees, or state fees such as fishing licenses and watercraft inspections. Fee waiver also does not apply to District concessions. Park entrance is subject to available occupancy.
Free Swimming Fridays
There are plenty of swimming opportunities for you with six open-water lakefront beaches, three chlorinated lagoons, two pools, and two bay shoreline beaches.
Swimming Locations include:
- Castle Rock Recreation Area
- Contra Loma Regional Park
- Crown Memorial State Beach
- Cull Canyon Regional Recreation Area
- Del Valle Regional Park
- Don Castro Regional Recreation Area
- Little Hills Picnic Ranch
- Miller/Knox Regional Shoreline
- Quarry Lakes Regional Recreation Area
- Roberts Regional Recreation Area
- Shadow Cliffs Regional Recreation Area
- Temescal Regional Recreation Area
- Tilden Regional Park
Read more about the Park’s Rules & Regulations. Before heading out, check out the Park’s Swimming Facilities information page for locations, opening hours, lifeguard hours, and great information about the specific location like whether it has a sandy beach, warm water, or sheltered from the wind. Some swimming facilities are open year round.
Free Concerts in the Parks
(Please note that some concert events happen on Saturdays)
- Lake Chabot Concerts in the Park, Sat. Jun 22 (Castro Valley)
- Crown Beach Concerts at the Cove, Fri., Jul 12 (Alameda)
- Crown Beach Concerts at the Cove, Fri., Aug 9 (Alameda)
- Contra Loma Concert in the Park, Fri., Aug 23 (Antioch)
- Crown Beach Concerts at the Cove, Fri., Sep 13 (Alameda)
- Oakland’s Waterfront Festival Festival, Sat., Sep 28 (Oakland) – A brand new park opening in the shadow of the Bay Bridge
For 85 years, the East Bay Regional Park District has preserved and protected open space in Alameda and Contra Costa counties, and provided public access to regional parks, shorelines, and trails for hiking, biking, swimming, horseback riding, boating, fishing, picnicking, camping, and nature discovery. Today the East Bay Regional Park District is the largest of its kind in the nation with 73 regional parks over 122,000 plus acres, and over 25 million annual visits per year – more than the A’s, Giants, Warriors, 49ers, and Raiders combined.