Hyped-Up Vegan McDonald’s Knock-Off Coming to SF
Mr.Charlie’s, an all-vegan fast food restaurant, that’s gone viral for its spoof of McDonald’s, is opening up in San Francisco – and seems to be begging to be sued by McDonald’s.
The cheeky plant-based Impossible burger joint uses McDonald’s iconic red and yellow colors, and offers up a “Frowny Meal.”
The restaurant, Mr.Charlie’s Told Me So, an Exhibition of Plants, is garnering rave reviews at its original Los Angeles location. Their second outpost will open in San Francisco at 432 Sutter St. (Just north of Union Square), directly across from McDonald’s.
According to SF Gate, the shop is currently only delivery only, but will “officially” open on December 31, 2022.
The menu is simple with just a handful of items and its signature “Frowny Meal,” served in a red carryout box, another riff on McDonald’s. You can also find the Big Chuck, a spin on the the Big Mac.
- The Big Chuck: Impossible burger, vegan cheese, lettuce, pickles, onion, BigChuck sauce. (price unknown; not yet listed on the online pickup menu)
- Not a Hamburger: Impossible burger with pickles, onion, ketchup and mustard. $6.
- Not a Cheeseburger: Impossible burger, vegan cheese, pickles, onion, ketchup and mustard. $7.
- Not a Double Double: Impossible burger, vegan cheese, pickles, onion, ketchup + mustard. $8
- Not a Chicken Sandwich: A plant-based patty with lettuce and vegan mayo. $8.
- Not Chicken Nuggets: Plant-based nuggets that taste like chicken. $7.
- British Chips: Just fries. Costs $5.
- Frowny Meal: 4 nuggets, a “Not a Double Double,” fries and a drink. $17.
Mr.Charlie’s mission is to bring approachable plant based food, fun & support to communities. We are tackling serious issues, with a not-so-serious approach. We are about having a good time and paying it forward. Our goal is to offer more sustainable choices, connect mindfulness to everyday living, & support those who are ready for a second chance.
View this post on Instagram
@plantbasedparadisei’ve never had a happy meal before so this was magical 🍔❤️♬ People who live in California – Rachel