Oakland Zoo’s Free Wildlife Scavenger Hunt Through the Zoo
This year, the Oakland Zoo is participating in the 2020 Bay Area Science Festival and hosting Zoo Quest, a free scavenger hunt that places in the zoo.
Gather your squad of up to four total adventurers to visit the Oakland Zoo in-person for a unique wildlife-themed scavenger hunt. You will be tasked with completing animal quests and finding specific locations on site that will progress you further through the activity. You will not be timed so you will have a chance to appreciate the zoo fully while exploring, and still get a deeper experience than the average guests. Plus, each successfully answered clue gives one piece of a final password that unlocks a bonus – a special virtual meet and greet with one of our ambassador animals.
Teams of up to four explore the Oakland Zoo in-person through a series of fun wildlife-themed clues and tasks.
To celebrate Bay Area Science Festival, the Oakland Zoo is offering a free special adventure for registered participants. Sign up your small group for a self-guided scavenger hunt through the Zoo. Groups will receive a goodie bag with printed ZooQuest booklet. The booklet will contain clues that lead you around the Zoo taking a closer look at our animals and exhibits.
Complete the quest and unlock the passcode to an exclusive ZooQuest Animal Meet and Greet to meet one of our animal ambassadors via Zoom.
- Register using the ‘Select a Date’ button on this page.
- Select your day and time and how many guests will be joining the participant. (Limit 1 participant and 3 guests per order)
- Complete the registration form and submit!
- You will receive a confirmation email with details on how to get your goodie bag and where to go on your selected date and time.
- Arrive at the Zoo promptly on your date at your time. A contact number will be included in your confirmation if you are running late.
- Quest at your own pace – there is no time limit. You are welcome to explore as long as the Zoo remains open.
- Crack the code and join us live on Sunday, October 25 to meet an animal via Zoom!
Admission to the Zoo is included FREE with your registration.
Space is limited. The event runs from Wednesday, 10/21 through Friday, 10/23 to celebrate Bay Area Science Festival.
>> Update: All ZooQuest sessions during the Bay Area Science Festival are FULL. If you would like to do a scavenger hunt through the Oakland Zoo on your own, please find scavenger hunt sheets here (halfway down the page) or find other activities and resources from the Oakland Zoo here.
If you’re bummed the tickets for the scavenger hunt are sold out, you can print off your own scavenger worksheet and explore on your own on your next visit. Choose from:
- Amazing Animals Scavenger Hunt »
- Animal Behavior Scavenger Hunt »
- Conservation Scavenger Hunt »
- Habitats Adaptations Scavenger Hunt »
- Zoo Career Scavenger Hunt »
Plus, for Halloween, they’re doing a special Boo at the Zoo – Pink Flamingo Scavenger Hunt event from October 24-31, 2020, to find all the costumed pink flamingos hidden throughout the Zoo.