The San Francisco Marathon is Coming: Where to Watch
See your favorite runner or cheer all of them on as they get closer to the finish line of the San Francisco Marathon on Sunday, July 23, 2017 which starts at (gulp) 5:30 am.
The San Francisco Marathon Expo will be on Friday, July 21st (noon-7 pm) and Saturday, July 22nd (9 am-5 pm) at Fort Mason Center.
The San Francisco Marathon is a loop course, taking runners on a journey around the city, hitting gorgeous locales and iconic landmarks all along the way. The race starts at the Embarcadero and Mission Street, traversing San Francisco.
1st Half Marathon
From the Embarcadero at dawn, to watching the sunrise along Crissy Field and the San Francisco Bay, the idyllic experience of racing across the Golden Gate Bridge, to crossing the finish line in iconic Golden Gate Park, each runner’s journey along the 1st Half Marathon is amplified by the cityscape’s unmatched beauty.
2nd Half Marathon
With a start beneath the towering redwoods in Golden Gate Park and a prized finish at Cupid’s Arrow along the Embarcadero, The San Francisco Marathon’s 2nd Half Marathon course winds through city streets, offering a locals’ only tour of the city’s treasured vistas. Racing beside the Conservatory of Flowers, through the Haight-Ashbury and Mission neighborhoods, beside AT&T Park, under the Bay Bridge and more, each runner’s journey unfolds against an unforgettable sense of place.
26.2 Full Marathon
Picture yourself racing on the roadbed of the Golden Gate Bridge as the California sun breaks through San Francisco’s iconic maritime fog. Bursting from the Embarcadero’s waterfront start line at the break of dawn. Racing through towering eucalyptus and redwood trees in Golden Gate Park. Passing AT&T Park with its atmosphere of game day anticipation and the crack of the bat.
The San Francisco Marathon’s stunning 5K course offers runners the opportunity to conquer an energetic race alongside a range of participants, from experienced athletes to stroller runners. The 5K runs through miles of waterfront that draw millions of visitors each year. Take in views of the Bay, the Bay Bridge, Treasure Island, Coit Tower, and much more. Runners enjoy San Francisco’s iconic backdrop while earning a spot at the finish line festival in front of the Ferry Building.
- Main Marathon Start National Anthem: SF Cable Car Chorus at Embarcadero Start Line (The Embarcadero and Mission St.)
- Main Marathon Start: DJ Magid at Embarcadero Start Line (The Embarcadero and Mission St.)
- Mile 0.9: Embarcadero at Sansone St.
- Mile 2.9: Laguna St. at Marina Blvd.
- Mile 4.5: Sports Basement Cheer Station at Sports Basement Presidio (Old Mason St.)
- 1st Half Marathon Finish: King Most (DJ) at 1st Half Finish in Golden Gate Park (John F. Kennedy Dr. at 14th Ave.)
- 2nd Half Marathon Start National Anthem: Claire Gendler at 2nd Half Start in Golden Gate Park
- Mile 13.8: SF Boys Chorus at John F. Kennedy Dr. at Chain of Lakes W (Golden Gate Park)
- Mile 14.9: Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. at Metson Rd.
- Mile 16.9: Team Red, White & Blue at Stow Lake Boathouse (Stow Lake Dr. at Boathouse)
- Mile 17.9: Spiceislander Steeldrum Band at John F. Kennedy Dr. at 8th Ave.
- Mile 18.4: Sun Beets at John F. Kennedy Dr. and Conservatory Dr. E
- Mile 18.9: DJ Danni Boi at Kezar Tunnel in Golden Gate Park (Alvord Lake Tunnel, West of Kezar Dr.)
- Mile 20.1: JFKU Cheer Station at Pierce St. at Haight St. and Waller St.
- Mile 21.8: Nothin’ But Fun Band at 16th St. and Florida St.
- Mile 21.8: Sports Basement Pop-Up Party Cheer Station at 16th St. and Bryant St.
- Mile 23.0: DJ Bungiee at Marisposa St. and Pennsylvania Ave.
- Mile 23.4: Melody’s Asian Fusion Ensemble at Indiana St. and 19th St.
- Mile 23.7: 20th St. and Illinois St.
- Mile 23.8: lululemon at 19th St. and Illinois St.
- Mile 23.9: Batalá SF at Illinois St. and Terry A Francois Blvd.
- Mile 24.3: International Order for Rainbow Girls at Aqua Vista Park
- Mile 25.8: Fitbit at Embarcadero St. and Folsom St.
- Main Finish Line: DJ Magid at Main Marathon Finish (The Embarcadero and Folsom St.)
*Cheer stations and entertainment acts are subject to change without prior notice.
Spectator Bus Options (not required)
Please note: You must pick up your wristband at the Runner Expo on Friday, July 21st and Saturday, July 22nd to reserve your seat selection. No wristbands will be available for pick-up on race morning.