SF’s 55-Acre Botanical Garden Reopens June 1st
Funcheap Needs Your Help
Our goal is to stay open during the crisis and, more importantly, when we come out of this. If you love Funcheap, can you help us stay alive? Learn more at GoFundMe
Phase 1 of Reopening
People will be required to wear face coverings and the Garden will limit the number of visitors to 25% of its normal capacity to ensure social distancing. Only the Main Gate near Lincoln Way and 9th Avenue will be operating, and the Helen Crocker Russel Library of Horticulture, Garden Bookstore, Plant Arbor, and Children’s Garden will remain closed.
They are excited to welcome you back to the Garden starting Monday, June 1. As they reopen to the public, they ask for your cooperation with new health and safety rules, as well as your patience and understanding while we continue to implement new procedures during these unprecedented times.
SF Botanical Garden Reservations & Free Entry
Make your reservation – Garden reopens on June 1st.
Admission is FREE for all Members, School Groups, and San Francisco City & County Residents (with proof of residency).
Admission for Non-Residents: Adults ($9 midweek, $12 weekends), Youth 12-17 ($6), Seniors 65+ ($6), Children 5-11 ($2), Toddler 4 and under (Free)
Free Admission (even for non-residents)
- Daily: 7:30–9am (enter via the Main Gate)
- Monthly: Second Tuesday of every month
- Holiday Free Days: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day
As the Garden and our community begins what will be a long and slow recovery from the financial hardship caused by COVID-19, they are especially grateful for the generosity of our members and donors. To support the Garden during these tough times, please contribute here.
San Francisco Botanical Garden Tips
- Limited to 25% of normal capacity (for phase 1 of reopening)
- The Garden will keep its regular spring operating hours of 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. with the last entry at 6 p.m.
- Advanced tickets are strongly encouraged for all visitors (including Garden members and free tickets for San Francisco residents) to minimize transaction times at the entrance. Advanced tickets can be reserved at sfbg.org/visit
- Face coverings and social distancing are required.
- Following the “rules of the road” on pathways is recommended – walk on the right side and pass on the left single-file.
- Please see FAQs for further details on reopening procedures, social distancing protocol, and more.
Open daily, starting at 7:30am. The Garden closes one hour after last entry.
Last entry changes seasonally:
Fall & Winter Last Entry:
- October – early November: 5pm
- 1st Sunday in November – January: 4pm
- February – 2nd Saturday in March: 5pm
Spring & Summer Last Entry:
- 2nd Sunday in March – September: 6pm
San Francisco Botanical Garden is located in Golden Gate Park, near the corner of Ninth Avenue and Lincoln Way.
There are two entrances, the Main Gate near Ninth Avenue, just inside the Park, and the Friend (North) Gate on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, just steps from the Japanese Tea Garden, de Young Museum, and California Academy of Sciences. During phase 1 of the reopening, only the main gate will be open.
Use the Main Gate for early entry. Friend (North) Gate opens at 9am.