SF’s Filipino Ube Crawl & Festival Takes Over SoMa (2022)
Ube, baby, baby! Kapwa Gardens is excited to announce that Yum Yams: A Celebration of All Things Ube is back for its second year as a full-on Ube Crawl with 18+ different vendors selling both ube treats, plus Filipino-inspired art vendors.
What is Ube? Ube is one of those distinct Filipino flavors—slightly nutty with hints of vanilla. We have an amazing lineup of food and retail vendors, ranging from ube cheesecake to pan de sal.
Yum Yams: A Celebration Of All Things Ube
Saturday, April 23, 2022 | Noon – 5:00 PM
Kapwa Gardens – 967 Mission St., SF (at 6th Street)
$5 Tickets – includes $1 donation + $4 in credits to spend with any vendor at Kapwa Gardens
In addition to hosting at Kapwa Gardens, we’re also expanding the event to the neighboring Mary Court Paseo space between Kapwa Gardens and Balay Kreative Studios. We will have an Ube Garden at Kapwa Gardens and Ube Alley at The George and Ube Park at 5M.
Ube Garden at Kapwa Gardens
- The Bread Basket Bakery – Daly City’s finest pulls out all the stops with a selection of Ube Pan de Sal, Ube Croissants, Ube Pastillas, Ube-filled sweetbreads, Ube tarts, & more
- BukoBakes – Classic American style treats made with Filipino ingredients like Ube, Pandan, and more
- JungleDog – We serve a 12″ gourmet lemongrass ginger garlic pork sausage on a toasted banh mi roll with homemade roasted garlic aioli crispy shallots pickled purple cabbage and fresh chopped cilantro. For Those who like a little spice in their life we top it off with some chopped thai chillies.
- Sweet Pipers – Island Desserts: Buko Pie, BukUbe Pie, Egg Pie, Cashew Pie, Butter Mochis, Cassavas, Yema Tarts, Cashew Tarts, Ube Spread
- Taloa’s Bakery – A Samoan and Filipino American Fusion! Home of the original Ube Pani Popo and Filimoa, Taloa’s Bakery is bringing you the best flavors from both islands.
- Ube Area – Ube desserts
- Tita Pearl – Ulam and dessert
- House of Sarap – Ube waffles and Chicken lumpia
- Zenful Secrets – coconut wax candles and customized crystal jewelry
- Malaya Botanicals – CBD Products
- Kristian Kabuay – Baybayin x Batok artwork, books, apparel, collectibles
- Hatzumomo – Contemporary fashion and accessories using handwoven, hand loomed fabrics and textiles indigenous to the Philippines
- Michele Draws
- Clarize Yale – Creates portraits and illustrations inspired by their American upbringing and Filipino roots. They turn those illustrations into products such as prints, stickers, bags, and other merch filled with brown women and floral designs.
- NativeSol – Handmade jewelry made from new and upcycled materials. Our handmade clothing are made from sustainable and vintage textiles. We also curate vintage clothing and home goods.
- Magnolia Ice Cream & Treats – Magnolia is your favorite childhood memory. It is that favorite item or memory that you keep going back to. That provided you comfort whenever you think about it.
Ube Alley + Park at 5M + The George
- La Kalidad Bakehouse – small batch bakery selling Filipino breads and pastries with a modern approach, specializing in artisan brioche ensaymadas filled and garnished with different flavors.
- DKMV Pastries – variety of mochi donuts and desserts composed of French techniques with Asian American flavors
- UpTop – ube-mazing and ube-tastic brownies, truffles & cookies will surely fulfill your ube cravings
- Marley’s Treats – An UNDSCRVD regular returns w/ an assortment of Ube cupcakes, Ube cheesecake, Flan Ube Cheesecake, Hella Ube (rice krispie ice cream sandwich).
- SugarMama Sugarcane – fresh squeezed organic sugarcane to produce a wonderful drink that can be mixed with a multitude of fruits.
- Barya Kitchen – Chef Rod Reyes flex’s his culinary might with Ube Horchata ( vegan ), Ube Bibingka, and an Ube Steam Buns filled with beef mechado
View this post on Instagram