Yes, SF’s Hunky Jesus Contest is Back! (On Instagram)
The Easter In the Park & Hunky Jesus Contest in Dolores Park has unfortunately been canceled for 2020. But don’t worry, it’s not all bad news. The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence are moving things online.
The Sisters are taking their wildly popular annual contest online and inviting anyone and everyone, age 18 and over in the 50 United States, who “feels the Spirit” to submit their holy inspiration for review.
A group of highly judgmental Sisters, including Sister Roma and Sister Dana, the event hosts for more than two decades, will peruse the entries and select the top 15 Hunky Jesus and top 15 Foxy Mary contestants. The top 30 entries will be posted to Sisters Instagram account (@SFSisters) on Easter Sunday (April 12, 2020) where the public will “vote” with likes and comments to choose the winner.
Hunky Jesus/Foxy Mary Contest Rules:
- To compete you must live in the United States, be 18 years or older, and follow the Sisters on Instagram @sfsisters
- Prepare a short bio including your instagram account name, where you live, your Hunky Jesus or Foxy Mary name, a photo of you in character, and a one minute video featuring your “Holy Inspiration” in action.
- E-mail everything to email@example.com
- Entries are due by April 6th 12am PST
- The Sisters will pour through entries and select 15 candidates for Hunky Jesus, 15 candidates for Foxy Mary and announce contestants on Easter Sunday. Voting will be done by the community via likes and comments.
- One Winner will get a very special gift and world-wide bragging rights as the first ever online Foxy Mary and Hunky Jesus.