SF’s First Indoor Pools Re-Open April 20
San Francisco just announced that the first of its indoor pools are set to reopen. Plus, SF Rec and Park intends to reopen all pools citywide by summer.
Two of San Francisco’s indoor pools are poised to welcome back lap swimmers with reservations and all pools will re-open by mid-June, the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department announced today.
Registration for 60-minute lap swim times and drowning prevention classes at Sava Pool in the Sunset District and Martin Luther King Jr. Pool in the Bayview District will kick off Friday, April 16 at 8 am. Both pools will open Tuesday, April 20.
Mission Pool, San Francisco’s only outdoor pool, re-opened March 8. Its next registration session also opens Friday.
Online registration will be first-come, first-served and is extremely limited, as lap swimming is limited to one swimmer to lane at Sava and MLK, and two swimmers per lane at Mission Pool. Swimmers must be 14 or older to register.
Group practices are not yet allowed. Classes are limited to drowning prevention. Swimmers should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before their scheduled time and shower and put on their suits at home. Locker rooms will be closed. Temperature checks will be performed before entering the building and masks are required outside of the water. Swimmers can show up no later than 15 minutes past the start of their swim time.
San Francisco Pool Reopening Schedule
- Mission Pool, San Francisco’s only outdoor pool, re-opened March 8.
- Sava Pool in the Sunset District and Martin Luther King Jr. Pool in the Bayview District re-open April 20.
- The recently renovated Garfield Pool in the Mission District is scheduled to open May 1.
- North Beach Pool and Visitacion Valley’s Coffman Pool is scheduled to re-open May 17.
- Balboa Pool is scheduled to re-open June 1.
- Hamilton Pool in the Western Addition is scheduled to re-open June 7.
- The Richmond District’s Rossi Pool, which has been undergoing a renovation, is estimated to open in mid-June.
For questions or assistance with registration, call 628-652-2900.