SF’s Legendary Cliff House Finally Has a Restaurant Tenant
Thanks to SF Eater for sharing the news that the Cliff House has a brand new restaurant tenant. Mum’s the word on who has been selected, but the vendor will not only operate the restaurant in the Cliff House, but also the cafe at the nearby Lands End visitor center.
The National Park Service is keeping the name of the business a secret for now due to contract privacy but has stated that they expect to release more details about the vendor within several months, and is expected to begin its lease sometime in 2023.
Cliff House first opened in 1863. Sadly, San Francisco’s famous 157-year-old Cliff House closed its doors on December 31, 2020. The building has served as two pop-up museums, in 2021 and 2022, since its closure featuring iconic Cliff House memorabilia.
- SF’s Cliff House to Reopen as a New Restaurant in 2022 – 8/20/2021
- A Pop-Up Museum is Coming to SF’s Cliff House – 8/14/2021
- Cliff House’s Iconic Sign Taken Down – 1/1/2021
- SF’s Historic 157-Year Old Cliff House is Closing Permanently – 12/14/2020
- 157-Year-Old “Cliff House” Restaurant Closes Temporarily – 7/20/2020