SF’s Best Open Mic Comedy
Looking for a few cheap laughs? We’ve got a list of free comedy open-mics for every day of the week.
The truly savvy will go to Brainwash on Thursdays during happy hour (5-7) to get in a couple of $5 pitchers of PBR before the free comedy open mic at 7, hosted by Tony Sparks. Now that’s a cheap date. You can even do your laundry there and earn a $1 off your beer or food. It’s “lady comedians only” night on Wednesdays.
Want to Perform?
If you’re like most of an open mic audience, part of the reason you’re there is to convince yourself that you could do it too, maybe even better. Check out sfstandup.com/stagetime for instructions on how to sign up to perform at the various venues.
If you want a taste but don’t have a routine yet, then come every Tuesday at 8pm to Sylvan Productions Open Improv at Sub-Mission. Be an active audience member or even join some of the games.
FuncheapSF’s Guide to San Francisco’s
Open Mic Comedy Nights
- Funny Mondays with Victor Torres: Decco Lounge: show at 7, signup at 6:30. (510 Larkin @ Turk)
- 800 Larkin: signup at 9, show at 9:30. (Larkin @ O’Farrell)
- Rock-it Room: 7:30 (406 Clement @ 5th Ave) (mostly music but some comedy)
- Amnesia: 7. (Valencia @ 19th) (music & comedy)
- Sub-Mission: 7:30 (2183 Mission @ 18th st.) (improv)
- First Tuesday at 50 Mason Social House (@Market) 7pm. Free comedy showcase after.
- Brainwash: 8pm.“Ladies Only” open mic. Guys can still watch.(1122 Folsom @ 7th)
- Dirty Trix: 9pm (408 Clement @ 5th ave) (comedy) the location of the legendary “Holy Zoo”
- Rock-it Room: 7pm (406 Celement @5th) (comedy & music)
- Brainwash: 7pm. (1122 Folsom @ 7th)
- SF Comedy Cellar: 7pm. Sign up online a day early to perform. (222 Hyde near Turk)
- Comet Club: not an open mic but still free comedy (3111 Fillmore near Filbert).
- Mutiny Radio Komedy Open MIC: signup at 9:45. Be an audience member or perform on the radio live. Comics call 550-0511 (21st & Florida)
- Modern Times Books: (24th st @ Alabama) 4th friday (queer open mic) “$3 – $5 donation”
- 1st & 3rd Saturdays Get Yucked Up at Dirty Trix: 9pm. (408 Clement Street at 5th ave)
Stephen Kovacic is the author of the SF Almanac – a local 2012 daily organizer with art on every page, Free events in SF, local history, insider guides to SF, 11 chord charts, & a even a local band compilation CD. Hear it online free. Use coupon code “broke” to get it all for $6 at SFalmanac.org.