Dolores Park History Day | 2019
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Mission Dolores Park | Dolores St., and 19th St., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The “Love Dolores” initiative of the city’s Rec & Park Department and the Dolores Park Ambassadors are organizing a San Francisco History Day. Come learn about the park’s original inhabitants, the Ohlone people; hear stories about 1906 and the Golden Fire Hydrant.
Dolores Park History Day
Sunday, June 2, 2019 | 2 to 6 pm
Presented at stations throughout the park
Seven History Stations
1) Native Tribes and First Nations
2) The Mission period
3) Jewish Cemeteries – Dolores Park after Gold Rush
4) The great earthquake and Fire, refugees, and rebuilding
5) Social, Cultural, and Political Activism in the Park
6) Dolores Park Renovation
7) Keeping our park clean and enjoyable – LoveDolores
The Ambassadors will be there to represent the neighborhood, answer questions and explain historical events (as much as they can). They have assembled a number of great photographs, literature, and materials.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Lectures & Workshops, Outdoors