Dolores Park History Day | 2018
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Mission Dolores Park | Dolores St., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The “Love Dolores” initiative of the city’s Rec & Park Department and the Dolores Park Ambassadors are organizing a San Francisco History Day. Come learn about the park’s original inhabitants, the Ohlone people; hear stories about 1906 and the Golden Fire Hydrant.
Dolores Park History Day
Saturday, May 26, 2018 | 2 to 6 pm
Presented at five stations throughout the park
Five History Stations
1. Ohlone People and the Early Spanish Mission
2. The Gold Rush and City expansion
3. 1906 Earthquake, Fire and Rebuilding
4. The New Dolores Park Design and Renovation
5. Love Dolores: Citizen Engagement to Keep the Park Clean and Safe
The Ambassadors will be there to represent the neighborhood, answer questions and explain historical events (as much as they can). They have assembled a number of great photographs, literature, and materials.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Lectures & Workshops, Outdoors