Home » Comedy, Funcheap Presents
Canceled: Downtown SF’s Desi Comedy Night | August 10th
Submitted by the Event Organizer
It’s San Francisco’s brand new (and only) weekly Desi Comedy Night at a cool downtown SF art bar with HellaFunny and Funcheap.
See a showcase of some of the Bay Area’s top comedians of Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, Afghani, and South Asian descent. Let’s celebrate the Bay’s Desi culture and heritage with laughs.
SF’s Desi Comedy Night
Every Saturday Night | 8:30pm
Bar Fluxus, 11 Harlan Pl. SF
FREE with RSVP – First 100 people get free tickets. $10 at door for everyone else. 21+
- Donations appreciated – Bring cash… every little bit helps
- After Party – Plus you’re invited to No Scrubs – A 90s hip hop dance party with uhh-may-zing RnB jams starting at 10pm.
– FREE with Eventbrite RSVP – Donations appreciated – bring cash
– MAXIMUM TWO COMP TICKETS PER PERSON – If you have additional guests you’d like to bring, they must RSVP separately
– $10 door
– Admission is first come first served
Desi Comedy Night / Comedy Lineup
Every week is a new lineup. Here are some of our favorites you might see…
- Ruby Gill-SF Sketchfest
- Janesh Ranlan- San Jose Improv
- Dhaya Lakshminarayanan-Comedy Central Asia
- Sureni Wereasakera-SF Sketchfest
- Arjun Bunargee-Cobbs
- Priyanaka Wali-Cobbs
- Raj Reina-Desi Comedy Night
- Ryan Sudhakaran-San Jose Improv
- Plus many more
Like all things in life, the comedy lineup is subject to change.
$10 TIX AVAILABLE (50) AT DOOR – When Advanced Tix are sold out
WHAT’S AWESOME ABOUT BAR FLUXUS
As colorful as a big box of crayons, Bar Fluxus (run by the same people behind Madrone Art Bar) adds color and spark to the San Francisco nightlife scene. Behind an unmarked door in the Hotel des Arts you’ll find a unique bar with quirky art covering most of the walls that hosts literary events, performance art, dance parties, puppet shows (yes!) and comedy. Plus there’s a Baby Grand Piano as a centerpiece.
Due to a venue buyout, Desi Comedy Night will not take place on August 10th but will resume on Saturday, August 17th and every Saturday at 8:30pm.
Instead, come join us at No Scrubs – an uh-may-zing ’90s hip hop dance party on August 10th starting at 9pm until 2am with five hours of DJs spinning TLC, Usher, Fresh Prince, Kid ‘n’ Play and more. RSVP for No Scrubs (Free before 10:30pm)
*Free with RSVP for first 100 people. $10 at door without RSVP
, Funcheap Presents
Address: 18 Harlan Pl., San Francisco, CA