Dave Eggers New Book Tour in SF’s Bookmobile | Jan 26-28
Dave Eggers, the best-selling author and founder of McSweeney’s, will launch the publication of his latest book, The Monk of Mokha, by touring San Francisco in a San Francisco Public Library bookmobile along with Mokhtar Alkhanshali, the heroic subject of Dave’s new book.
After the launch event at City Hall, Eggers and Alkhanshali will ride on the Library’s bookmobile and visit five Bay Area bookstores, on Saturday, Jan. 27, and Sunday, Jan. 28: The Booksmith Bindery, Green Apple Books on the Park, Book Passage in the Ferry Building, Bookshop West Portal, and Books Inc. Laurel Village.
The book will not be officially published until Jan. 30, but early copies will be available at all of these San Francisco venues.
Dave Eggers “The Monk of Mokha” San Francisco Book Mobile Tour
January 26-28, 2018
City Hall & SF Bookstores
- Friday, Jan. 26 – 10:30-11:30a – San Francisco City Hall – Kick off event
- Saturday, Jan. 27 – 11a-1p – The Booksmith Bindery, 1727 Haight, SF
- Saturday, Jan. 27 – 2-4p – Green Apple on the Park, 1231 9th Ave., SF
- Saturday, Jan. 27 – 5:30-7:30p – Book Passage, 1 Ferry Plaza, Ferry Building, SF
- Sunday, Jan. 28 – 10-11:30a – Bookshop West Portal, 80 W. Portal Ave, SF
- Sunday, Jan. 28 – 1-3:30p – Books Inc., 3515 California St. (Laurel Village), SF
The Monk of Mokha is the true story of Mokhtar Alkhanshali, a young Yemini-American man raised in San Francisco, who dreams of resurrecting the ancient art of Yemini coffee, but finds himself trapped in Sana’a by a civil war.
The kick-off event is held in partnership with the San Francisco Public Library and Penguin Random House, and will take place on the steps of City Hall, starting at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 26. Speakers at the event will include Dave Eggers, James Freeman, Founder and CEO of Blue Bottle Coffee; Hellen Russel, co-founder of Equator Coffee; Zahra Billoo and many more.