Fillmore Jazz Festival 2012 | Sunday
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Fillmore District | Fillmore St and Geary St, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
For a second day, the 2012 Fillmore Jazz Festival returns with live music from morning to evening taking over the streets on three stages on Saturday and Sunday. The largest free Jazz festival on the West Coast, it draws over 90,000 visitors. All performances are free.
The festival takes place on July 7 & 8, 2012 from 10am- 6pm on Fillmore Street in San Francisco Between Jackson and Eddy Streets.
There will also be several blocks of fine art and crafts and enjoy gourmet food and beverages. Asian to Cajun, paintings to pottery, old favorites and new directions, the Fillmore Jazz Festival is not to be missed.
Schedule of Performances – Sunday, July 8, 2012
California Street Stage
- 10:00 – 11:15 Jazzschool Presents Michael Orenstein Group
- 11:45 – 1:15 Venissa Santi
- 1:45 – 3:30 Norbert Stachel and Electric Forecast featuring Ray Obiedo
- 4:00 – 6:00 Kim Nalley – Dedicated to Etta James
Sutter Street Stage – Beyond Stage
- 10:00 – 11:15 Homenagem Brasileira Feminina
- 11:50 – 1:30 Jai Uttal and the Queen of Hearts Orchestra
- 2:10 – 3:40 Yaelisa Y Caminos Flamencos
- 4:15 – 6:00 Hip Spanic Allstars
Eddy Street Stage
- 10:00 – 11:00 Consonance – (Gospel)
- 11:30 – 12:30 Jaye & Friends From The Fillmore – (R & B)
- 1:00 – 2:00 Scary Larry 8 Piece Band – (R & B)
- 2:30 – 3:30 Coltrain – (Jazz)
- 4:00 – 6:00 Sister Monica
Jazz History of Fillmore: This festival harkens back to the great, jazzy days of Fillmore Street, when dozens of clubs hosted the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, and Billie Holliday. At the legendary Jimbo’s, Louis Armstrong went to check out Charlie Parker (the only known time they were under the same roof).
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Tags: Art, Concert, crafts, Entertainment, Festival, Food, fun, Jazz, music, Performance
Categories: *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Live Music, Recurring – Annual - June, San Francisco