Every Saturday, the de Young offers free general admission to the permanent galleries to Bay Area residents. Please note that admission to any special exhibits is not included nor discounted and will require the full admission price.
Saturdays feature engaging art experiences for the entire family, including art-making, gallery guides, and tours with discussion and sketching in the permanent galleries.
de Young Museum
Golden Gate Park \ 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, San Francisco, CA 94118
– Most Saturdays
– Timed ticket reservations typically from 9:30a to 4:30p
Reserve tickets in advance to skip the line – timed tickets required. Limited in person tickets might be available at the membership desk
- This offer applies only to general admission for the permanent collection galleries.
- Full-priced admission to special exhibitions still applies.
- For: Residents of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma Counties with valid photo ID or postmarked envelope bearing home address
- Free Saturdays will not take place on Saturday, June 12, 2021 and will resume on Saturday, June 19, 2021
Visitors ages 17 and under always receive free admission to the permanent collection galleries.
Please note this free Saturdays offer could be changed or canceled at anytime. Visit deyoung.famsf.org for updates before attending.
Essential and Frontline Workers Discount
We are pleased to offer free general admission for essential workers — including emergency services, health care, grocery stores, city operations and maintenance, social services, public transit, and delivery services — to receive a $15 discount on tickets to special exhibitions, through December 2021. This discount can be redeemed on-site with your work badge. Please see the full list of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers.
*Free general admission to Bay Area residents. Valid ID or proof of residency required. This offer applies only to the permanent collection galleries. Advanced timed tickets required.