Free National Parks Weekend | November 9-11
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Muir Woods National Monument | 1 Muir Woods Road, Mill Valley, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Free National Parks Days 2023
Sometimes you’ve just got to get away from it all and clear your head with the peace and serenity of a national park.
On certain “fee-free” days throughout the year, enjoy free entry to all national parks and monuments including Muir Woods and Yosemite National Park and free admission aboard all of the historic vessels at the Hyde Street Pier of SF’s Maritime National Historical Park.
Please always check with each National Park before heading out to confirm that the park and its facilities are open and admission is free.
Free National Parks Days 2023
Parks listed on this page typically waive their entrance fees on nationally designated fee free dates. Please check with each park below for operating hours and event schedules. See the latest updates.
Participating California National Parks – See the full list
*Last Updated 1/6/23
- Cabrillo National Monument – San Diego – (lighthouse and tidepools) – $20 vehicle, $15 motorcycle, $10 foot/bike fees waived – fee details
- Joshua Tree National Park – Riverside/San Bernardo Counties – $30 vehicle, $25 motorcycle, $15 foot/bike fees waived – fee details
- Lassen Volcanic National Park – Near Redding – $30 vehicle ($10 in winter), $25 motorcycle, $15 foot/bike fees waived – fee details
- Lava Beds National Monument – Northeast California near Oregon border – $25 vehicle, $20 motorcycle, $10 foot/bike fees waived – fee details
- Muir Woods National Monument – Marin County – While the $15 entrance fee is waived, parking ($9) or shuttle ($3.50); reservations are required, even on “free” days. Get shuttle info – fee details
- Pinnacles National Park – 80 miles southeast of San Jose – $30 vehicle, $25 motorcycle, $15 foot/bike fees waived – fee details
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park – Fisherman’s Wharf/Hyde St. Pier – $15 per person fee waived, includes access to historic ships – fee details
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks – East of Fresno/Visalia – $35 vehicle, $20 individual pass waived – fee details.
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area – Shasta County – $25 vehicle, $20 motorcycle, $15 foot/bike fees waived – fee details
- Yosemite National Park – $35 car, $30 motorcycle, $25 foot/bike/horse fee waived – fee details. 2023 reservation updates – A reservation will be required to drive into Yosemite for visitors arriving February 10–12, February 17–19, or February 24–26, 2023. A reservation will not be required in summer 2023.
Check out all the fee-free national parks in the nation.
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Veteran's Day Weekend 2013: Friday | Free National Parks Days 2023
For Veteran’s Day Weekend 2013 (November 9-11), get free admission and all vehicle fees waved for all 398 National Parks in the country including Yosemite and Muir Woods
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.