Home » Art & Museums, Club / DJ, Eating & Drinking, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops
Friday Nights at OMCA: Night Market & Off the Grid | Oakland
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Reconnect with family, friends, and community during Friday Nights at OMCA. These free events provide a gathering place each week, including live music, hands-on activities, Off the Grid (OTG) food trucks, and late-night access to our galleries and special exhibitions with a Museum ticket. Limited flat rate parking for Friday Nights is available in the OMCA Garage for $10.
Friday Nights at OMCA with Off the Grid is on its seasonal break.
Oakland’s favorite weekly block party will resume in April 2024.
OMCA’s galleries will remain open to the public during the Museum’s regular business hours, including admission to Special Exhibitions.
The galleries will remain open to the public during the Museum’s regular business hours, including admission to Special Exhibitions Into the Brightness: Artists from Creativity Explored, Creative Growth & NIAD and Por el Pueblo: The Legacy and Influence of Malaquías Montoya. Please visit our website museumca.org for details.
Thanks for spending another fabulous year with us on our beautiful campus!
Between April and October, every Friday, 5—9 pm
Special Events resume April 5, 2024
Oakland Museum of California, 1000 Oak St., Oakland
FREE (for food truck access and outdoor activities)
– Optional late-night museum admission for purchase
How To Get There
- BART: OMCA is at the corner of Oak and 10th Street and is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station.
- AC Transit: OMCA is accessible by a number of AC Transit bus lines. OMCA is at the corner of Oak and 10th Street. An accessibility ramp is located at the main entrance on Oak Street between 10th and 11th. For more information, visit actransit.org.
- Free Bike Parking: Free, on-street bike parking is available outside the Oak Street entrance to the Museum. Limited free covered bike parking is available in the OMCA Garage during garage hours, and on Oak Street Plaza, which is on the third level of the Museum, during Museum hours
- Street Parking: Free street parking of often available.
- Garage Parking: Event parking is available at the Museum Garage, with a $10 flat fee starting at 5 pm.
- Get Driving Directions
Off The Grid Mobile Food Creator Lineup
Details coming for the 2024 season
5–10 pm: Half-off gallery admission for adults, free for ages 18 and under
5–10 pm: All Museum galleries open late
5–10 pm: Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: get the weekly list here
5–9:45 pm: OMCA Store open with great artisan California-themed gifts, apparel, books, toys, and more
5–9:30 pm: Local beer and wine specials at the Blue Oak bars in the Koi Pond area, the Great Hall, Gardens, and Oak Street Plaza
5–9 pm: OMCA Store pop-up in the Redwood Burl area
5–9 pm: Marketplace @ OMCA featuring local vendors Apila Design (organic children’s clothing) and Laney College ceramics and sculpture students & alumni selling their wares in Redwood Burl area
5–6:30 pm: DJ Jose Ruiz spinning hits in the Koi Pond Area
5–8 pm: Family-friendly drop-in activity: Gold Fever! Kids pan for gold like a 49’er in the Museum Gardens listening to old-timey music, while adults enjoy a no-host whiskey bar
5–8 pm: Lawn games and family fun in the garden
6–8 pm: Ask an Expert in the special exhibition Altered State, this month with Dr. Robert Martin of the Association of Commercial Cannabis Laboratories
6:30–7 pm: Salsa dance instruction with Royland Lobato in the 10th Street Amphitheater
6:30–8:15 pm: Acoustic performance of ragtime blues and slide guitar with Pete Madsen in Oak Street Plaza
7–9 pm: Live band Charanson with special guest Raul Navarrette playing Latin and salsa music in the 10th Street Amphitheater
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Half-price gallery admission for adults; ages 18 and under are free. Admission for members is always free.
Categories: Art & Museums
, Club / DJ
, Eating & Drinking
, Kids & Families
, Lectures & Workshops
Address: 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607