Friday Nights at OMCA: Night Market & Off the Grid | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
OMCA (Oakland Museum of California) | 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Friday, October 13, 2017
“Friday Nights at OMCA with Off the Grid” Block Party + DJs (Oakland)
Half-price gallery admission for adults. Ages 18 and under are free!
Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Get your Oakland groove on at Friday Nights @ OMCA with Off the Grid food trucks, music, and more! Join OMCA every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market, with the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine from gourmet food trucks, local beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages at the Blue Oak beer garden, live music, and dance lessons. Get creative at family-friendly drop-in workshops, dance to live music and local DJs, and enjoy special guest performers and events. Enjoy unique programs, including:
- Live music, DJs, acoustic sets, and family-friendly dance lessons where you can shake it up with dances based on the weekly music themes.
- Family fun at Friday Nights: every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features free hands-on art workshops for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm.
- After-hours gallery access and discounted admission to special exhibitions and galleries.
- A rotating list of food trucks, music themes, and featured artists. Check the weekly event listings on the right to find out more; like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for up-to-the-minute event updates!
- Marketplace @ OMCA: local makers interested in selling artwork, handmade, and handcrafted works at Friday Nights @ OMCA should fill out our Interest Form.