Home » Art & Museums, Club / DJ, Eating & Drinking, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops
Friday Nights at OMCA: Night Market & Off the Grid | Oakland
Get your Oakland groove on at Friday Nights @ OMCA – a weekly free outdoor experience with food trucks and music along with half-price after-hours museum gallery admission.
This is a great community gathering that is most vibrant during March-November when the garden and terraces are open as well as during certain weeks in the summer that turn into a massive block party. Check Facebook and their website for updates as most activities are seasonal.
Friday Nights at OMCA
Every Friday from 5-9 pm (Museum open until 10 pm)
Oakland Museum of California, 1000 Oak St., Oakland
FREE (for food truck access and seasonal outdoor activities) – Museum admission is half-priced from 5-10 pm
- After-hours gallery access and half-priced museum admission after 5 pm (Please note, fees for the the special exhibitions still apply). Ages 18 & under are free
- Marketplace @ OMCA: Local makers selling handcrafted works and art
- Music, DJs, acoustic sets, and dance lessons (Seasonal)
- A rotating list of Off The Grid food trucks and featured artists
- Family fun at Friday Nights: Every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features free hands-on art workshops for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm
How to get here: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station.
Parking: Free street parking of often available. Event parking is available at the Museum Garage, with a $7 flat fee starting at 5 pm. The Museum garage closes at 10:30 pm. Directions.
Garden Access: OMCA’s garden and terraces are open and free to visitors during Friday Nights @ OMCA from March through November, with the exception of dates when the garden is rented for private events.
– Updated 8/18/18 – Event info last checked via website
The Summer Season of Friday Nights @ OMCA is back! That means the gardens are open for picnics, live music outside is back, gallery hours are open until 10 pm, and the Off the Grid food truck market expands onto Oak Street. Enjoy half-price admission, hands-on activities for kids, and a lineup of live music and dance from local performers that changes weekly—all alongside your favorite food trucks from Off the Grid. Bring friends and family for a taste of local music, food, and culture at the Oakland Museum of California every Friday Night!
*Half-price gallery admission for adults; ages 18 and under are free. Admission for members is always free.
Categories: Art & Museums
, Club / DJ
, Eating & Drinking
, Kids & Families
, Lectures & Workshops
Address: 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607
Submitted by Marriz Ranola