Home » Art & Museums, Club / DJ, Eating & Drinking, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops
Friday Nights at OMCA: Night Market & Off the Grid | Oakland
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Get your Oakland groove on at Friday Nights @ OMCA – a weekly free outdoor experience with food trucks and music.
This is a great community gathering that is most vibrant during March-November when the garden and terraces are open as well as during certain weeks in the summer that turn into a big block party. Check Facebook and their website for updates as most activities are seasonal.
Friday Nights at OMCA
– 5-9 pm during Winter (typically Nov-Mar)
– 5-10 pm during Spring/Summer/Fall (typically Apr-Oct)
Oakland Museum of California, 1000 Oak St., Oakland
FREE (for food truck access and seasonal outdoor activities) – Optional Museum admission for purchase
– Always check the schedule first for updates/cancellations
- Please note, fees for special exhibitions still apply. Ages 8 & under are free
- Marketplace @ OMCA: Local makers selling handcrafted works and art
- Music, DJs, acoustic sets, and dance lessons (Seasonal)
- A rotating list of Off The Grid food trucks and featured artists
- Family fun at Friday Nights: Every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features free hands-on art workshops for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm
How to get here: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station.
Parking: Free street parking of often available. Event parking is available at the Museum Garage, with a $7 flat fee starting at 5 pm. The Museum garage closes at 10:30 pm. Directions.
Garden Access: OMCA’s garden and terraces are open and free to visitors during Friday Nights @ OMCA from March through November, with the exception of dates when the garden is rented for private events.
Updated 1/20/2020 – Event info last checked via website
The Summer Season of Friday Nights @ OMCA means the gardens are open for picnics, live music outside is back, gallery hours are open until 10 pm, and the Off the Grid food truck market expands onto Oak Street. Come celebrate the summer with our Friday Nights @ OMCA Block Party, taking place every first and third Fridays of the month now through July and on August 10. Get down to new themes each month featuring performances and activities in celebration of our special exhibition RESPECT: Hip-Hop Style & Wisdom, on view through August 12. Tonight’s theme is education and civic engagement.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Half-price gallery admission for adults; ages 18 and under are free. Admission for members is always free.
Categories: Art & Museums
, Club / DJ
, Eating & Drinking
, Kids & Families
, Lectures & Workshops
Address: 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607