Home » Art & Museums, Club / DJ, Eating & Drinking, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops
Friday Nights at OMCA: Live Salsa & Dance Lesson | Oakland
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Get your Oakland groove on at Friday Nights @ OMCA – a weekly free outdoor experience with food trucks and music.
This is a great community gathering that is most vibrant during March-November when the garden and terraces are open as well as during certain weeks in the summer that turn into a massive block party. Check Facebook and their website for updates as most activities are seasonal.
Friday Nights at OMCA
Every Friday from 5-9 pm (Museum open until 10 pm)
Oakland Museum of California, 1000 Oak St., Oakland
FREE (for food truck access and seasonal outdoor activities)
- Please note, fees for the the special exhibitions still apply). Ages 18 & under are free
- Marketplace @ OMCA: Local makers selling handcrafted works and art
- Music, DJs, acoustic sets, and dance lessons (Seasonal)
- A rotating list of Off The Grid food trucks and featured artists
- Family fun at Friday Nights: Every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features free hands-on art workshops for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm
How to get here: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station.
Parking: Free street parking of often available. Event parking is available at the Museum Garage, with a $7 flat fee starting at 5 pm. The Museum garage closes at 10:30 pm. Directions.
Garden Access: OMCA’s garden and terraces are open and free to visitors during Friday Nights @ OMCA from March through November, with the exception of dates when the garden is rented for private events.
Updated 5/31/19 – Event info last checked via website
What to expect on April 11:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: get the weekly list here
- April Resident DJ Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist spinning hits in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in activity: “The Game of Gold” from 5 to 8 pm
- Salsa dance instruction by Nick and Serena in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Live band Fito Reinoso playing salsa music in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 7 to 9 pm
- A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you one of the Galleries—you won’t know which until the tour begins—meeting at the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Categories: Art & Museums
, Club / DJ
, Eating & Drinking
, Kids & Families
, Lectures & Workshops
Address: 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607