Halloween at the Museum: Thriller Dance Lesson, Live Music & Food Trucks | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Oakland Museum of California | 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Friday, October 31, 2014
Friday Nights at OMCA: Night Market, DJs & Off the Grid | Oakland
Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street for a truly Thriller-esque Halloween celebration, including local music, food, art, science, and culture. Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak beer garden. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, hands-on activities for kids, and extended OMCA Store hours.
What to expect on October 31:
- 5–9 pm: Half-off gallery admission for adults, free for ages 18 and under
- 5–9 pm: Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- 5–9 pm: All museum galleries open late
- 5–9 pm: Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- 5–6:30 pm: October resident DJ Mpenzi spinning hits in the 10th Street Amphitheater
- 5–8 pm: Family-friendly drop-in activity: Paper marigold-making, in honor of the exhibition Songs and Sorrows: Días de los Muertos 20th Anniversary
- 6–8 pm: Makers & Tasters Series featuring a select vendor from Whole Foods Market
- 6–6:30 pm: Special spooky Halloween-themed story time with Oakland Public Library
- 6:30–7 pm: Michael Jackson’s Thriller dance lesson by Bay Area Flash Mob in the 10th Street Amphitheater
- 7–9 pm: Live band Cynthia Lin and the Blue Moon All Stars playing indie music in the 10th Street Amphitheater
- 7:30–7:45 pm: A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you to one of the galleries—you won’t know which until the tour begins.