Gamble Garden Free Community Day | Palo Alto
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Gamble Garden | 1431 Waverley Street, Palo Alto, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Join in for a fall day filled with fun children’s activities, a gorgeous plant sale, horticultural resources, displays, garden demonstrations, food, entertainment, and of course…digging for worms.
This event is free of charge and is open to the community. Everyone is welcome. Throughout the day, neighbors, friends, volunteers, and families will be entertained, educated, and inspired.
- Lesson on Honey Bees and Beehives
- Digging for worms contest – dig and measure your worm
- Flower arranging for kids – take home your very own arrangement
- Children’s Event’s famous and ever-popular bake sale
- Stanford University Improv Group noon – 1pm
- Story-time with Palo Alto Children’s Library
- Arts & Crafts under the Oak Tree
- Educational discussions with Gamble Garden manager in the Root’s and Shoots beds – let’s talk about bugs
- Master Gardeners will be available for questions
- Gamble Garden Plant sale
Families, enjoy a day outdoors with your children (or grandchildren) by exploring the garden, making crafts, picnicking for lunch, digging for worms, and more
Friends, neighbors, and gardeners, stroll through the formal and demonstration gardens, shop at the plant sale, enjoy lunch, investigate horticultural resources, learn the history of the house and the garden, and more.
Categories: **Annual Event**, Eating & Drinking, Fairs & Festivals, Free Museum Day, Fun & Games, Kids & Families