POSTPONED: 2020 Insane Chase Game “Journey to The End Of The Night” | Oakland
Oakland | Oakland, CA
UPDATE: Due to COVID-19 concerns, this event has been postponed – Please check the website for updates.
Are you ready to experience the chaotic splendor that is Journey to the End of the Night? Our theme this year is Cross Pollination! We’re buzzing with excitement about this year’s springtime Journey. Players, prepare to be honeybees flying out to visit and pollinate as many of Oakland’s night flowers as you can. But, beeware, we’ve got some fun surprises in store so you’ll have to keep your antenna up if you want your hive to win!
A couple things to bee aware of:
* This year Journey will be in Oakland.
* This year we will allow all forms of public transit (Bart and Bus), but no bicycles, no skates, scooters, no cars, no lyft or ubers, no taxis. You will be on your own two wings for most of the night. Wear comfortable shoes and bring water!
* All players are warmly invited to the end point, regardless of how many checkpoints you visit or if you get tagged while buzzing about. We are going to have a special celebration and prizes at the end!
* Journey is free to play, donations are appreciated and help us put on these events!
* If you’re differently-abled and want to participate in the fun, please contact us early so special accommodations can be made!
Journey to the End of the Night is a free-to-play street game played around the world. Players sporting colored ribbons will run through a series of checkpoints scattered throughout the city, while avoiding being caught by chasers. We invite you to leave bee-hind your default persona and, for one night only, bee-come part of a story larger than yourself while playing a city-wide game of tag. Spread your wings! Swarm through city streets, fly down hidden alleys, encounter strange new checkpoints, and find your way to a new hive in the East Bay!