Home » *Top Pick*, Live Music, Outdoors, San FranFREEsco
San Francisco Symphony’s Free Outdoor Concert | Stern Grove Festival
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Stern Grove Festival is returning in 2022 to celebrate its 85th season of hosting free concerts in the park. The festival kicks off June 12, with concerts every Sunday through August 14.
RSVPs for 2022 open up 12 days prior to every show – always at Tuesdays at 2pm.
The first RSVP date is Tuesday, May 31 at 2pm when reservations for Tower of Power + Too $hort on June 12th go “on sale” – we recommend acting quickly.
2022 Stern Grove Lineup + RSVP Links
RSVPs Open Every Tuesday at 2pm: Reservations open 12 days in advance of each show. You can RSVP for up to 4 tickets for general admission (no assigned seating) Please note that RSVPs tend to go very quickly, so you’ll want to log on right at 2pm.
Sundays at 2pm
June 12-August 14, 2022
Free but Reservations Required
- June 12 – Tower of Power + Too $hort – Reservations open on Tuesday, May 31 at 2pm
- June 19 – Toro Y Moi + Hello Yello – Reservations open on Tuesday, June 7 at 2pm
- June 26 – Ani DiFranco + Madi Diaz – Reservations open on Tuesday, June 14 at 2pm – *New addition Ani DiFrance (Liz Phair had to cancel)
- July 3 – Cold War Kids + Geographer – Reservations open on Tuesday, June 21 at 2pm
- July 10 – Old Crow Medicine Show + Molly Tuttle – Reservations open on Tuesday, June 28 at 2pm
- July 17 – Cat Power + Spelling – Reservations open on Tuesday, July 5 at 2pm
- July 24 – Leann Rimes + Amethyst Kiah– Reservations open on Tuesday, July 12 at 2pm
- July 31 – SF Symphony – Reservations open on Tuesday, July 19 at 2pm
- August 7 – Taj Mahal + Monophonics – Reservations open on Tuesday, July 26 at 2pm
- August 14 – The Big Picnic w/ Phil Lesh & Friends + Midnight North – Reservations open on Tuesday, August 2 at 2pm
Like in 2021, advance reservations will be required in 2022. Free reservations for each concert will open up 12 days before the show date at 2pm, and can be made through the Stern Grove website’s concert pages.
- Reservations open up about 12 days before
- Reservations are required but don’t guarantee entry. Entry is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Free General Admission reservations may be made for up to four people (one per person)
- Free ADA/Senior section reservations may be made for up to two people for spaces that are specifically reserved for ADA/Seniors (65+)
- If you are ADA/Senior and need assistance, you may call us at 415.252.6252, ext.112 (this is ONLY for ADA/Seniors)
- Reservation hotline hours are Tuesdays from 2pm-5pm, and Wednesday-Friday from 12 noon-5pm
- Children 2 years and up require a reservation
- Entrances open at 12 noon. Concerts start at 2pm
- Enter through designated entrances only:
#1. 19th & Sloat
#2. Vale Ave.
#3. 23rd & Wawona
- You may bring your own food and beverages
View this post on Instagram
The San Francisco Symphony (SFS) returns for its annual free summer performance at the Stern Grove Festival.
Since its inaugural concert in 1938, the San Francisco Symphony has graced the Festival stage offering world-class performances every year for free to the public. An Emmy Award and multi-GRAMMY Award winning orchestra, the San Francisco Symphony is led by Musical Director Michael Tilson Thomas.
San Francisco Symphony Free Concert in the Park
Sunday, July 22, 2018 | 2pm
Sigmund Stern Grove, 19th Ave and Sloat, SF
– Slavonic Dance in G minor, Opus 46, no.8
– Slavonic Dance in E minor, Opus 72, no.2
– Slavonic Dance in C major, Opus 72, no.7
Ludwig Van Beethoven
– Piano Concerto No. 4 in G major, Opus 58 – Adam Golka, piano
– Symphony No. 2 in D major, Opus 43
- Pre-Concert Artist Talk at Stern Grove’s Trocadero Clubhouse at noon with James Utz, SFS’s Artistic Administrator interviewing conductor Jayce Ogren and pianist Adam Golka
- KidStage percussion demonstration and screenprinting with Youth Art Exchange at noon in the West Meadow.
- Free Yoga Class at noon in the West Meadow.
- Food Trucks in the West Meadow
- Grove Gourmet picnic contest. Enter to win prizes from Anchor Brewing.
For the 2018 concert at Stern Grove Festival, the San Francisco Symphony features one of the finest young conductors to emerge from the United States in recent seasons, Jayce Ogren.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Free, but donations are appreciated
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Live Music
, San FranFREEsco
Address: 19th Avenue and Sloat Blvd., San Francisco, CA