Stern Grove Fest: San Francisco Symphony Free Outdoor Concert | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Stern Grove | 19th Avenue and Sloat Blvd., San Francisco, CA
Free / Learn More
Submitted by the Event Organizer
2023 Stern Grove Festival (June 18 – August 20)
The 2023 lineup for the Stern Grove Festival just got released for free summer concerts in the park and it’s another stellar lineup.
Free RSVPs open for the first concert on May 18th and 2pm – you can reserve up to 4 spots. RSVPs open up one month in advance of each concert. Check Eventbrite to see when they start posting RSVP links. And we recommend acting quickly. RSVPs tend to go quickly. (or if you’re a baller and you have $1,500 or more to donate, you can reserve a table for up to 10 people)
The 86th annual festival kicks off on June 18th with Snarky Puppy and continues with Indigo Girls & Neko Case, Santigold, Lyle Lovett & His Large Band, Angélique Kidjo, the annual San Francisco Symphony concert (with special guest Lettuce), Bob Moses, blues legend Buddy Guy, Patti Smith and The Flaming Lips (with a Neon Indian DJ Set) closing out this year’s festival starring at their annual fundraiser The Big Picnic.
Over the past few years, the Stern Grove Festival has fought through two rounds of major flooding. Yet in the face of such adversity, SF’s oldest outdoor music festival continues to thrive after hosting over 70,000+ attendees across 10 consecutive Sunday concerts during the historic 85th season last year.
2023 Stern Grove Lineup + RSVP Links
Sundays at 2pm
June 18-August 20, 2023
Free but Reservations Required
- June 18 – Snarky Puppy w/ Isaiah Sharkey + DJ Shortkut – RSVPs open May 18 at 2pm
- June 25 – Indigo Girls w/ Full Band + Neko Case – RSVPs open May 25 at 2pm
- July 2 – Santigold w/ Ogi – RSVPs open June 2 at 2pm
- July 9 – Lyle Lovett & His Large Band w/ Andrew St. James – RSVPs open June 9 at 2pm
- July 16 – AngéLique Kidjo w/ Jupiter & Okwess – RSVPs open June 16 at 2pm
- July 23 – San Francisco Symphony w/ Lettuce – RSVPs open June 23 at 2pm
- July 30 – Bob Moses w/ Neil Frances – RSVPs open June 30 at 2pm
- Aug. 6 – Buddy Guy w/ Eric Gales – RSVPs open July 6 at 2pm
- Aug. 13 – Patti Smith w/ Bob Mould – RSVPs open July 13 at 2pm
- Aug. 20 – The Flaming Lips w/ Alan Pamomo (Neon Indian DJ Set) – The Big Picnic – RSVPs open July 20 at 2pm
View this post on Instagram
How to RSVP
Reservations are required again this year with RSVPs opening 1 month in advance. Find your concert and RSVP
- RSVPs will likely be on Eventbrite (They were in 2022 and we expect them to be in 2023 as well)
- Reservations are required but don’t guarantee entry. Entry is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Four Reservation Limit per person
- Senior and ADA seating is available on a first come first served basis once on site and is available for 1 senior and 1 guest
- Children 2 yrs + require a reservation
- Doors open at 12 noon
- Concert starts at 2pm
- Enter through designated entrances only:
#1. 19th & Sloat
#2. Vale Ave.
#3. 23rd & Wawona
- You may bring your own food and beverages
NEW FOR 2023: All General Admission reservations are made ONLINE ONLY. This includes attendees who may use Senior, Wheelchair and ADA seating areas which are first-come, first-served once you enter the festival.
Stern Grove Festival is held in Sigmund Stern Grove at the Corner of 19th Avenue and Sloat Boulevard in San Francisco, CA
Parking in the area is extremely limited. The use of public transportation, bicycles or ride sharing is highly recommended.
- Take a K or M train to the St. Francis Circle stop. Walk west down Sloat one block to 19th Avenue.
- Muni Bus: line 28-19th Avenue stop at 19th Avenue and Sloat Boulevard.
- BART to Glen Park Station and transfer to MUNI bus 44-O’Shaughnessy to Forest Hill Station, then take the KT Muni Metro to St. Francis Circle and walk to 19th Avenue and Sloat Boulevard
- BART to Daly City and transfer to MUNI bus 28-19th Avenue to stop at 19th Avenue and Sloat Boulevard
- BART to Balboa Station take a K train towards St. Francis Circle. Get off at the St Francis Circle stop. Walk west down Sloat one block to 19th Avenue.
- Coming from the Peninsula or East Bay, take BART to Balboa Park and transfer to a K train towards St. Francis Circle. Get off at the St Francis Circle stop and walk west down Sloat one block to 19th Avenue.
- For information on public transit options or to plan your trip, visit www.511.org.
A drop-off zone is located on the westbound side of Sloat Boulevard, just past the corner of 19th Avenue & Sloat Boulevard.
- We have FREE BIKE VALET! Located at the main entrance to the park — 19th & Sloat Boulevard.
- Bike valet opens at 12 noon and closes one hour after the concert ends.
- Bikes are not allowed in the Concert Meadow or Esplanade area of Stern Grove.
At the Festival FAQ
Entrances open at 12 noon, Concerts begin at 2pm. The Festival has three (3) General Admission Entrances :
- #1. 19th & Sloat
- #2. Vale Ave.
- #3. 23rd & Wawona
GA Seating Areas
The Festival has three general seating areas. All areas are first-come, first served.
- Concert Meadow
- West Meadow
BYO Picnics and Alcohol is Allowed
- You are welcome to bring your own picnics and beverages (including alcohol).
- Alcohol is not sold at Stern Grove Festival.
- Food trucks are on-site on concert days.
Donate or Volunteer
And don’t forget to donate to the Stern Grove Festival or volunteer this year. Both are critical to help the festival continue to offer this free annual gift of music to the city.
Sunday, July 7, 2019
2023 Stern Grove Festival (June 18 – August 20)
The San Francisco Symphony (SFS) returns for its annual summer performance at Stern Grove Festival. Led by conductor Edwin Outwater and featuring contralto Lauren Decker, the SFS performs a selection of classical favorites:
Felix Mendelssohn Fingal’s Cave Overture, Opus 26
Edward Elgar Sea Pictures, Opus 37
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky Marche slave, Opus 31
Modest Mussorgsky (orch. Ravel) Pictures at an Exhibition
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.