SF Bicycle Coalition’s Free Class on Sharing City Streets | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Ingleside Branch Library | 1298 Ocean Ave, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Our streets are rapidly changing: there are more bike lanes and other bike infrastructure, more “micromobility” options, more gig-worker drivers. How do we keep ourselves and each other safe in the face of these changes? This class focuses on how we can safely share our streets no matter what our chosen modes of transportation are.
Topics covered include:
- Behavior on shared streets with no dedicated bike lanes
- Proper use of and interactions with various types of bicycle infrastructure, such as bike lanes
- Effective communication between modes of travel
- Rules of the road to build mutual respect and safety
- Safe practices and right of way at intersections
We welcome people who bike, walk, take transit, and/or drive. No bicycle is necessary for this class. Please contact Eliana Marcus-Tyler (email@example.com) with any questions about this program.