Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Free Museum Day, Geek Event, Lectures & Workshops, San Francisco, Top Annual Events
San Francisco History Days at The Mint | 2020
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Explore San Francisco’s amazing history at the annual San Francisco History Expo as the Old Mint (built in 1874) becomes a series of pop-up museums of San Francisco history with more than 120 exhibitors.
2020 San Francisco History Days
Friday Evening, May 8, 2020
Saturday, May 9, 2020
Old Mint, 88 Fifth Street at Mission, SF
This year, San Francisco History Days will activate all of San Francisco, highlighting local history in neighborhoods throughout the city with a refreshed format.
Six to ten host sites will showcase multiple exhibitors and presentations. There will be a dedicated site for authors of recently published history books and there will be tours through the Old U.S. Mint.
All participating sites will be featured on an illustrated map (available for free) that will also include a schedule of programs.
Eight (8) Confirmed Host Sites:
- California Historical Society—678 Mission Street
- Shaping San Francisco/Eric Quezada Center for Culture & Politics—518 Valencia Street
- San Francisco Heritage/Haas-Lilienthal House—2007 Franklin Street
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park—Hyde Street Pier
- Sunnyside Conservatory—236 Monterey Boulevard
- Treasure Island Museum—One Avenue of the Palms, Building One
- United Irish Cultural Center—2700 45thAvenue
- Western Neighborhoods Project/Home for History—1617 Balboa Street
And more to be added soon.
In addition, there will be Ohlone and Indigenous Peoples programming at the Bay Observatory of the Exploratorium, the San Francisco Historical Society will serve as the author venue, and the Old U.S. Mint will be open for tours.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Free Museum Day
, Geek Event
, Lectures & Workshops
, San Francisco
, Top Annual Events
Address: 88 5th St., San Francisco, 94103