Submitted by the Event Organizer
When: Friday, January 13th, 2023 – Sunday January 15th, 2023
Where: Project locations vary throughout the GGNRA. See below for more details.
Registration: Click here for event info and registration links. Registration is required.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service is on Monday, Jan. 16, 2023, and we’ll be celebrating the Civil Rights leader’s life and legacy all weekend with volunteer projects starting on Friday, Jan. 13. Observed each year on the third Monday in January as “a day on, not a day off,” MLK Day is the only federal holiday designated as a national day of service to encourage all to volunteer to improve their communities. Join on your own, grab a friend, or bring some family to help grow and restore these spectacular parklands! Check out the options below and sign up to get more details.
2023 VOLUNTEER PROJECTS
Friday, January 13th
- 10am-noon, San Francisco Habitat Stewards (Crissy Field)
- 10am-1pm, Rancho Corral de Tierra Habitat Stewards
- 9am-noon, Presidio Forest Stewards
Saturday, January 14th
- 9am-Noon, Presidio Habitat Stewards
- 9am-noon, Lands End Landscaping and Habitat Restoration (SF)
- 10am-1pm, Presidio Nursery
Sunday, January 15th
- 9am-Noon, Fort Mason Maintenance
- 10:00am-1:00pm, Habitat Restoration Team (Marin)
Looking to learn more? Check out the list of resources below.
Anti-racism and Social Justice Resources for the Parks and Beyond
To build a future where everyone feels welcome in outdoor spaces falls on the shoulders of all outdoor enthusiasts. Here at the Parks Conservancy, we believe in the power of nature, public lands and the history of resistance to inspire and educate. Here is an ongoing list of resources to help you in your journey to be an anti-racist in the parks. More information here >>
- Stay home and DO NOT attend if you:
- Have any illness symptoms
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Suspect you have had contact with a COVID-19 positive case
- Face coverings and social distancing are encouraged, but not required.
The Golden Gate National Parks Volunteer Program is a cooperative parkwide effort of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Charity & Volunteering
, In Person
, MLK Day
Venue: Golden Gate National Recreation Area
Address: Golden Gate National Recreation Area Building 201, Fort Mason San Francisco , CA 94123-0022