“StreetBeats” Hip Hop Fest: DJ Workshops & Dance Lessons | Asian Art Museum
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Asian Art Museum | 200 Larkin Street San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Join the Asian Art Museum for StreetBeats: An Exploration of Culture through Hip-Hop, a free all-ages day of interactive hip-hop culture and community where you are a part of the show.
Plus, it’s free admission day at the Asian Art Museum, so you can pop into the museum too.
- Learn to mix songs and make beats live with professional instructors
- Explore the ins and outs of sampling and chopping using songs from all over the globe
- Watch live painters create a masterpiece right in front of your eyes
- Flex your best moves to the beat with an interactive hip-hop dance lesson
- Practice your jaw gymnastics and engage in freestyle cyphers plus they’ll show you how to put phrases together “off the top” of your head
- Pour over coffee for purchase from SF Coffee Cruiser, a local youth-owned family business
Streetbeats will foster dialogue around the intersection of music, dance, connection and community while promoting creative compassion by bringing people together who might not otherwise learn about Hip Hop’s history, culture, and impact on 20th & 21st century music.
Sundays, 11 am – 2 pm: March 4th, April 1st & May 6th
Village Artist Corner (Asian Art Museum @ 200 Larkin St, SF)
Curated by Dr. Elliot Gann aka Phillipdrummond of Today’s Future Sound
Categories: *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Free Museum Day, Lectures & Workshops, Live Music, San Francisco