Volunteer For Valencia Street Shared Spaces & Get a Free Drink or Meal
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Valencia Street | Mission District, San Francisco CA 94110
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Are you passionate about supporting small businesses and want a free drink or meal? Perfect! You’re in the right place.
Safety monitor volunteers are needed to ensure the new Valencia Street Shared Spaces is safe for everyone. Each block has a block captain that will greet and train you when you arrive. Once you sign up for a date and shift time, you will receive an email with your designated block number on Valencia St.
1. Remind people to wear a mask and hand out masks as needed.
2. Allow public safety vehicles in and out of the street barriers.
3. Set up and break down street barriers.
4. Set up safety kits on their block.
5. Help keep small businesses alive and ensure a fun and safe experience for everyone.
Outdoor Shared Spaces are being used more than ever to keep small businesses like restaurants and retail alive. Valencia Street (between 16th St-21st St) is being transformed four nights each week (Thursday – Sunday) into a car-free zone where businesses and pedestrians have full use of the street for outdoor dining, retail sales, music, fresh air and much more.