Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, Holidays, San Francisco, Tree + Holiday Lightings
Winter Walk SF: ’60s Doo-Wop & A Cappella Girl Group Concert | Union Square
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Union Square’s Winter Walk will once again make the holidays brighter by transforming Union Square for the holidays.
2019 Winter Walk SF
November 29 – December 31, 2019
Grant Ave. between Geary and Post Street and Maiden Lane, SF
FREE (most special activities are free, but some have a nominal charge)
Winter Walk SF offers 5 weeks of community performances and entertainment, family friendly activities, food trucks, beer and wine gardens, craft holiday cocktails, and an abundance of Instagram-able moments.
2019 Winter Walk Schedule TBA
Please note that we’ve confirmed the 2019 dates, but the event details are still not available as 11/26/19. For an idea of what to expect, here’s what happened in 2018. Schedule listed is from 2018.
Highlights from 2018
Please note that as of 12/5/18 the times for some events still had not been announced. Check winterwalksf.com for updates.
- Monday, November 26 | Opening Day
- December 6: Dickens Fair Choir from 11:30 am-12:30 pm
- December 6: “Mean Girls” themed drag performance by local drag queen Tye and friends at 6:30 pm, 7 pm & 7:30 pm
- December 7: Performance by the Salvation Army Children’s Choir
- December 9: Urban Flowers – Wreath & Centerpiece Demos from 11 am-2 pm
- December 13 and 21: Pop-up appearances by the Bay Area’s beloved Dickens Fair
- December 13: Silent Disco presented by HUSHconcerts from 5-9 pm – $10 tickets
- December 14-16 – Mary Poppins Takeover – Special Photo Wall for you to pose in front of as well as giveaways including tickets to an advance screening of the film on Monday, December 17 in San Francisco.
- December 15: Core Power Yoga from 11-11:30 am
- December 16: Urban Flowers – Wreath & Centerpiece Demos from 11 am-2 pm
- December 21: Special Winter Solstice performance by Luminescent Grand (the world’s first synesthesia piano)
- December 23: Museum of Craft & Holiday Craft Station from 11 am-2 pm
- Curated Off the Grid food trucks, beer, wine, and holiday craft cocktails
- Mobile holiday photo stations
- Community performances & entertainment, various times
- Instagrammable moment: Life-sized letters of “Winter Walk SF” presented by Columbus Craft Meats on the corner of Stockton and Ellis
- Interactive cloud art installation on Stockton between Ellis and O’Farrell, presented by Lufthansa. Enter to win trip tickets on site
Sunday – Wednesday: Traveling Home for the Holidays
- Wreath and centerpiece making demos from Home Sweet Flowers
- Multicultural and traditional holiday performances
Thursday: Under the Mistletoe
- Personalized holiday love poems from the Haiku Guys + Gals
- Couples’ photobooth and candlelit beer garden
Friday: NorCal Winter
- Lunchtime yoga classes from Corepower Yoga on select Friday
- Holiday tunes from Bay Area favorite Ukelenny
Saturday: Bad Santa
- Holiday-themed beat making / DJ station and canvas tote spray-painting workshops
- Holiday “turn up in the streets” dance party tunes
It appears that all events are free and open to the public, but please note there may be a nominal charge for some activities.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Eating & Drinking
, San Francisco
, Tree + Holiday Lightings
Address: 120 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA