Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, East Bay, Eating & Drinking
Youth Hip Hop Green Dinner | Oakland Veg Week 2015
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The Oakland VegFest is back for their fifth year, organized by the Factory Farming Awareness Coalition (FFAC).
As always, the VegFest is totally free and open to the public, and will feature awesome food, vendors, speakers, a “cutest dog” contest, and a kids area.
Oakland Veg Week 2019
Saturday, May 18, 2019 | 11 am to 5 pm
Lake Merritt Amphitheater, Lake Merritt Blvd, Oakland
>> VegFest will go on rain or shine.
View List of Vendors
- Katie Cantrell (Executive Director, FFAC)
- Chef Tirzah Love (Celebrity Chef and Owner of Tirzah Catering)
- Sid Garza-Hillman (Author and Health Coach)
- Ryan Bethencourt (CEO, Wild Earth)
- Speaker Panel: Food Justice in the Oakland Flats. Feat. Andrea
- Talley & Mikhael Holmes (Mandela Grocery Cooperative)
- Far I
- CLEAN feat. The Black Excellence Band
- Shino Smoke
- Quite the idea
If you would like to be a part of this event, you can sign-up for a volunteer shift. As a thank you, volunteers receive a swag bag featuring gifts from the incredible sponsors and an invitation to the volunteer party.
Due to limited parking options, attendees are encouraged to use public transportation. You can take BART to the Lake Merritt station and the festival is just a 10 minute walk away. There is also a free 4 hour public parking across the street at the Kaiser Convention Center (one entrance on Lake Merritt Blvd and one entrance on 10th and Fallon), but those spots will fill up quickly in the morning. There is also limited metered street parking available near the event.
This event is wheelchair accessible, plus it’s dog- and kid-friendly.
The Youth Hip Hop Green Dinners is a National Health Initiative that are set in urban communities and designed to introduce new people especially youth, to delicious, healthy vegetarian food. The green dinners are most attendee’s first introduction to a vegetarian meal and are a perfect combination of information and entertainment. Invited are top National speakers and performance artists in the health and food justice movement.
Free for youth, but an RSVP is required.
The Green Dinners serve as a bridge between local stakeholders such as organic farmers, chefs, grocery stores, fitness professionals and urban youth who will benefit from their knowledge and expertise. They are designed to be a catalyst in local communities for our on-going program that connects young people to a wide array of healthy food and lifestyle options in their area.
What Happens at the Hip Hop Green Dinner?
1. A beautiful dining presentation
2. To taste some of the best vegan food available in their area
3. To witness some groundbreaking Hip Hop performances and meet the artists involved
4. To meet and learn about healthy eating and living from leading health professionals
5. To network with agencies, organizations, businesses and individuals in their area who can help them transition to a healthier lifestyle.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Free for youth, but an RSVP is required.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, East Bay
, Eating & Drinking
Address: 111 Fairmount Ave, Oakland, CA