Youth Hip Hop Green Dinner | Oakland Veg Week 2015
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Oakland Peace Center | 111 Fairmount Ave, Oakland, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Friday, April 24, 2015
Oakland Veg Fest 2018
The Youth Hip Hop Green Dinners is a National Health Initiative that are set in urban communities and designed to introduce new people especially youth, to delicious, healthy vegetarian food. The green dinners are most attendee’s first introduction to a vegetarian meal and are a perfect combination of information and entertainment. Invited are top National speakers and performance artists in the health and food justice movement.
Free for youth, but an RSVP is required.
The Green Dinners serve as a bridge between local stakeholders such as organic farmers, chefs, grocery stores, fitness professionals and urban youth who will benefit from their knowledge and expertise. They are designed to be a catalyst in local communities for our on-going program that connects young people to a wide array of healthy food and lifestyle options in their area.
What Happens at the Hip Hop Green Dinner?
1. A beautiful dining presentation
2. To taste some of the best vegan food available in their area
3. To witness some groundbreaking Hip Hop performances and meet the artists involved
4. To meet and learn about healthy eating and living from leading health professionals
5. To network with agencies, organizations, businesses and individuals in their area who can help them transition to a healthier lifestyle.