Free First Sunday Admission | Oakland Museum of California
Oakland Museum of California | 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607
The Oakland Museum of California (OMCA) brings together collections of art, history and natural science under one roof to tell the extraordinary stories of California and its people.
Oakland Museum of CA’s First Free Sunday of the Month
A Survival Guide for a Free Museum Day
Free admission is a beautiful thing, but it’s certainly not a secret. Here are a few tips on making the most of your free admission on any Free Sunday of the Month:
- Show up early. The museum opens at 11am, and there is usually a line around the building by 10:30am.
- Free Admission, But Tickets Required: Tickets for general admission are available on a first come first served basis, and cannot be reserved in advance. It’s possible for these General Admission tickets to the museum to run out, but it’s not likely.
MUSEUM HOURS AND ADMISSION
Closed Monday and Tuesday
Closed New Year’s Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Admission is $12 general; $9 seniors and students with valid ID; $6 youth, ages 9-17. Free for children 8 and under, OMCA members, and City of Oakland employees (with ID).
- Free First Sundays – made possible by Wells Fargo
- Visiting the galleries: As the only museum to focus entirely on the art and history of California, the diverse collections on display in the 300, 00 square foot building present the art and tell the history of California from many angles. The museum invites visitors to experience the history of California through interacting with art, becoming art, and rewriting history.
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE*
*Special exhibitions may require advanced ticketsFree, Oakland
Categories: *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, East Bay, Free Museum Day, Recurring - Monthly