2017 San Francisco History Days
– Saturday, March 4 | 11 am to 5 pm
– Sunday, March 5 | 11 am to 4 pm
Old Mint, 88 Fifth Street at Mission, SF
Join community historians, archivists, genealogists, archaeologists, researchers, educators, re-enactors and other history enthusiasts for a free Community Open House at this historic site.
Highlights of the weekend include:
- presentations on local architectural, transit, neighborhood, and maritime history;
- exhibits addressing the Summer of Love 50th anniversary;
- displays of neighborhood and community archives;
- a resource center to history organizations, homes, and educational centers around the Bay Area.
- mini-theaters and galleries will be set up in the ground floor vaults of the Old Mint over the weekend featuring found footage, film features, and rare and newly digitized photos.
- dozens of authors will also be on hand to discuss and sell their books on local historical themes.
Past history weekends at the Old Mint have brought together dozens of organizations to celebrate and tell the City’s unique history, and have attracted several thousand participants.
Schedule subject to change. Please check signage in the main corridor for updates.