2018/2019 New Year’s Eve BART Open Until 3am
Although there are no special fares for New Year’s Eve, there will be extended service until 3 am. Trains will run every 20 minutes after midnight with extra trains standing by in downtown San Francisco after the fireworks show. Updated for New Year’s Eve 12/31/18
The best tip we can give is to buy your round-trip ticket in advance to avoid a line on the way home.
>> “Skip Stop” Schedule at Embarcadero, Montgomery and West Oakland – Beginning at 8 pm, To minimize crowding, BART will utilize a “skip-stop” train pattern into and out of San Francisco:
Going into San Francisco – After 8 pm:
- Antioch and Richmond line trains heading into San Francisco will not stop at Embarcadero Station. Exit at Montgomery Street Station for the fireworks show.
- Dublin/Pleasanton and So. Fremont/Warm Springs line trains will not stop at Montgomery Street Station. Exit at Embarcadero Station for the fireworks show.
- Trains from Millbrae, Daly City, and SFO will stop at all stations in San Francisco.
Last Trains Home – After the fireworks end:
- Antioch/Richmond trains will not stop at Embarcadero. Use Montgomery – Last Train 3:20 am – change at MacArthur for Richmond
- Dublin/ Pleasanton and So. Fremont/Warm Springs trains will not stop at Montgomery. Use Embarcadero – Last Train 3:06 am – trains will not stop at West Oakland. The first East Bay stop will be Lake Merritt Station. You will need to change to a SF-bound train at Lake Merritt if you need to return to West Oakland.
- Millbrae, Daly City, and SFO passengers should use Montgomery Street Station. Last Train 3:58am
Sunday Service on New Year’s Day
On New Year’s Day, Tuesday, January 1, 2019, BART will operate on a Holiday/Sunday timetable with service beginning at 8 am.
Free Ways to Get Home on New Year’s Eve
- Free Muni / Caltrain / VTA – Full details on buses and light rail all around the Bay
- AAA Safe Ride Home – Northern California AAA offers free rides home for drivers from 6pm on New Year’s Eve to 6am on New Year’s Day
- Free Uber / Cab / Lyft Home – GJEL Accident Attorneys will pay for a safe ride home up to $20. Full Details.