Rainy Day Sunday
The rain was coming down so hard this morning that it actually woke us up and flooded our garage.
So as we clean up here at Funcheap HQ, here’s a list of six fun things you can do today despite the heavy rains.
Fun & Free Rainy Day Events
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Free Admission Day: Asian Art Museum
Get caught up on 6,000 years of history at one of the largest museums in the Western world dedicated exclusively to Asian art.
– Sunday, December 2, 2012, 10a-5p | Asian Art Museum, SF | Free, but capacity may be limited
$5 Movie Day
Stay dry and catch up on your flicks as every screening on Sunday (not just matinees) is $5 at the Regal Jack London. 3D movies are just $8.
– Sundays | Regal Jack London, Oakland | $5 all screenings.
Bazaar Bizarre 2012 Holiday Market
Find strange xmss presents at this annual quirky holiday craft fair and DIY marketplace with 200+ vendors, a “swap-o-rama-rama” and workshops.
– Sunday, December 2, 2012, 11am-6pm | Concourse Exhbition Center, SF | FREE
Come Out and Play Festival
A full day of indoor games adapted for adult fun like hula hoop tag and “The Hearst Collection” where you navigate a laser beam maze to steal a valuable painting.
– Sunday, December 2, 2012, Noon to 5pm | SOMArts & Gene Friend Rec Center, SF | FREE with RSVP
Secret Santa Mixtape Party
It’s like a “secret santa” party, but for music mixtapes (or CDs or USB) trade music mixes at this fun party and leave with a themed mixtape curated by someone else
– Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 4pm | Make-Out Room, SF | FREE
Fernet-Branca Barback Games
A gladiator-style battle of SF’s best barbacks of ice bucket relays and keg changing along with live music, DJs and strange circus acts
– Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 8pm | Regency Ballroom, SF | FREE with RSVP