San Francisco’s Curfew Begins Monday at 10pm
Joining most other Bay Area counties, essential businesses and personal gatherings in San Francisco are prohibited between 10 PM and 5 AM beginning Saturday, November 30 at 10 PM. San Mateo County also joins the curfew leaving Marin County as the only Bay Area county exempt.
The order will take effect at 10 PM Monday, November 30 and remain in effect until 5 AM December 21. This is the same as the March Stay at Home Order, but applied only between 10 PM and 5 AM and only in purple tier counties that are seeing the highest rates of positive cases and hospitalizations.
Ends December 21, 2020 at 5am (tentative – may be extended)
– Non-essential businesses and personal gatherings are prohibited between 10 PM and 5 AM
– Only applies to Purple Tier counties
- This order does not apply to persons experiencing homelessness.
- Exception for those activities associated with the operation, maintenance, or usage of critical infrastructure or required by law
- Nothing in this order prevents any number of persons from the same household from leaving their residence, lodging, or temporary accommodation, as long as they do not engage in any interaction with (or otherwise gather with) any number of persons from any other household, except as specifically permitted herein.
Affected Bay Area Counties with 10pm to 5am Curfew
- Sonoma County – Curfew started 11/21
- Napa County – Curfew started 11/21
- Solano County – Curfew started 11/21
- Contra Costa County – Curfew started 11/21
- Alameda County – Curfew started 11/21
- Santa Clara County – Curfew started 11/21
- Santa Cruz County – Curfew started 11/21
- *NEW* San Francisco County – Starting Monday, November 30, 2020 at 10pm
- *NEW* San Mateo County – Starting Monday, November 30, 2020 at 10pm
Exempt Bay Area Counties
For the time being. If they move into Purple tier, then curfew applies
- Marin County
What if a county moves into the purple tier? – For counties that move into Tier One (Purple) after the effective date of this Order, the terms of this Order shall apply at 10:00pm PST on day two after the county is assigned to Tier One (Purple). For the purpose of counting days, day one shall be the first full day following the date of the tier assignment.
This limited Stay at Home Order is designed to reduce opportunities for disease transmission. Activities conducted during 10 PM to 5 AM are often non-essential and more likely related to social activities and gatherings that have a higher likelihood of leading to reduced inhibition and reduced likelihood for adherence to safety measures like wearing a face covering and maintaining physical distance.
San Francisco Updates Stay-At-Home / Curfew Updates
- No indoor or outdoor retail from 10 pm – 5 am PST, effective Monday Nov 30, 2020 (note that essential retail may operate during these hours)
- Total indoor capacity limited to 25%, effective Sunday Nov 29, 2020.
- Standalone grocery stores remain at 50% Capacity
- Nonessential offices are restricted until further notice
- No indoor or outdoor personal services between 10 pm and 5 am PST.Applies to: Hair Salons, Barber Shops, Nail Salons, Massage, Estheticians, Skin Care, Cosmetology, Electrology, Tatooing and Body Art, Piercing, Microblading
Gyms and Fitness Centers
- Indoor Gyms SUSPENDED as of Sunday Nov. 29, 2020
- No indoor gyms/fitness centers allowed. Suspended until further notice.
- Indoor One-on-One Personal Training RESTRICTED – Not allowed from 10 pm and 5 am PST, effective Monday Nov 30, 2020.
- Outdoor Gyms RESTRICTED – Not allowed from 10 pm and 5 am PST, effective Monday Nov 30, 2020.
- Indoor Dining SUSPENDED as of Nov 14, 2020 – No Indoor Dining allowed. Suspended until further notice.
- Outdoor Dining RESTRICTED – No Outdoor Dining from 10 pm – 5 am PST, effective Monday Nov. 30, 2020As of Sunday Nov 29, outdoor dining structures must comply with requirements from CDPH and any additional requirements from SFDPH.Applies to: Restaurants, Bars with food, Shopping malls with food, Hotels with restaurants, Museums, Zoos and Aquariums with restaurants, Gyms with food, Office Cafeterias
Indoor Movie Theaters
- No indoor movie theaters allowed. Suspended until further notice.
Museums, Aquariums and Zoos
- No indoor museums, aquariums or zoos allowed. Suspended until further notice.
Religious and Cultural Ceremonies, Places of Worship
- No indoor religious or cultural ceremonies allowed. Suspended until further notice.
- Indoor Individual Prayer RESTRICTED – Not allowed from 10 pm and 5 am PST (effective Monday Nov 30, 2020)
- Outdoor Religious Gatherings RESTRICTED – Not allowed from 10 pm and 5 am PST (effective Monday Nov 30, 2020). Total capacity limits up to 200 people as shown in “Gatherings” category below. (effective Sunday November 29)
- ALL Outdoor Gatherings and Recreation are RESTRICTED -No outdoor gatherings or recreation are allowed from 10 pm and 5 am PST, effective Monday Nov 30, 2020. (Outdoor recreation is allowed during those hours if alone or with members of the same household.)
- The following capacity limits apply to specific outdoor gathering or recreation types:
- Outdoor Religious and Political Gatherings restricted to up to 200 people.
- Outdoor Drive-in Gatherings restricted to up to 100 vehicles.
- Outdoor Meal Gatherings restricted to up to 6 people.
- Small Outdoor Meal Gatherings restricted up to 3 households with max 25 people
- Outdoor Tennis & Pickleballrestricted to 4 players from up to 2 households.
- Outdoor Golf restricted to 4 players.
- Outdoor Swimming restricted to 2 swimmers from 2 households per 300 ft2 of outdoor swimming pool space.
Playgrounds and Family Entertainment Centers
- Not allowed from 10 pm and 5 am PST, effective Monday Nov. 30, 2020.
- Total capacity limit for outdoor roller and ice rinks is 25%, up to 25 people, effective Sunday Nov 29, 2020.
Unfortunately as we expected, San Francisco has been placed on the State's most restrictive "purple" tier due the surge in COVID-19 cases.
Here's what this means for us and what we all need to do to reduce this alarming trend:
— London Breed (@LondonBreed) November 28, 2020