SF’s Iconic “Tommy’s Joynt” Plans Reopening for Oct. 29
According to their voicemail, Tommy’s will reopen with reduced hours and a reduced menu, and also plans to offer “Thanksgiving To Go” packages for 2020 instead of hosting their usual large Thanksgiving celebration.
At this stage, it’s not clear whether Tommy’s will be open for indoor dining, to go only, or outdoor dining. This all comes after an apparent false alarm where many in the media (including Funcheap) thought that Tommy’s might close permanently back in September.
Related Stories / Closed Beloved Bay Area Businesses
- SF’s Iconic “Tommy’s Joynt” is NOT Permanently Closed
- 369 Restaurants Permanently Closed in SF Bay Area
- Tadich Grill, SF’s Oldest Restaurant, Closes (For Now)
- Louis’ Diner, w/ Epic Ocean Beach Views, Shuts After 83 Years
- Sneaky’s BBQ Shuts Down After 12 Years
- 157-Year-Old “Cliff House” Restaurant Closes Temporarily
- Classic 1935 SF Diner “It’s Tops” on Market Street Closes for Good
- SF’s “Toy Boat Dessert Cafe” Being Sold After 38 Years
- Oakland Dive Bar “Stork Club” Closes After 102 Years
- SF’s Oldest Gay Bar “The Stud” Closes