“A Day Without Immigrants” May Day March & Protest | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Civic Center Plaza | Grove & Larkin San Francisco, CA 94102Embarcadero Plaza | 1 Market Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
May 1st is known throughout the world as International Workers’ Day. The day was the result of the struggle to have an 8-hour workday and it started here in the US. It is a day where the working class show who has the power in society. In 2006, it was the immigrants, largely Latinos, who gave the tradition new life in the US.
A Day Without Immigrants: March & Protest
Monday, May 1, 2017 | 11am
Justin Herman Plaza to Civic Center Rally
- 11:00 AM – Rally at Justin Herman Plaza
- 12:00 Noon – March on Market Street to Civic Center Plaza
- 2:00 PM – Rally at Civic Center Plaza
On May 1st, you will not go to work, school, shop, bank, or purchase online. you will show the power of your labor and your dollar in order to reject discrimination and hate laws.
You will rise up, stand up, resist, protest, and defeat Trump’s program to build a wall and deport over 3 million immigrants & refugees.
– No ban, no wall
– Stop the ICE raids and deportations
– Defend ALL immigrants regardless of status
– Stand up against racism, sexism, xenophobia, and bigotry
– Stop the attacks on Mexico
– Stop the attacks on Muslims, people of color, women, LGBTQ, workers, and the poor
– Defend our unions
– NO to U.S war and intervention abroad
– NO to environmental destruction
– Defend public education
Categories: *Top Pick*, May Day, Political Activism